Battlenet constantly updating

My game doesn’t even update anymore. It has been sitting at 195 Megabytes for 0% for three weeks now in the Battle.net client. The last time I was able to play was in August and to play that day, I had to actually delete everything Blizzard installed on my Mac, including the Battle.net launcher, and reinstall before I could get anything to update.

All my games are store on a secondary external drive with no permission issues.

M1 Mac Mini, MacOS Monterey.

Well…I cant even update boys im stuck scanning and repairing…Yesterday after patch went live i hopped on and ran at 20fps…Hopped on tbc and it worked fine…and then today im unable to play both games becuase it stuck scanning game files and then “Ooops something broke” at 99%. :frowning:

1 Like

This has just started happening to me now. It is really annoying and seems to have only started after this last update.

2 Likes

This started to happen to me since yesterday. I thought it was a mini patch but it’s repeating on Wow ptr and retail too frequently. It started being very annoying

2 Likes

I’ve had this problem for ages now too, but now it’s also telling me to log in as an administrator. Um, I am logged in as an administrator.

Just disabled the automatic updates option from my client. Seems to have solved the issue thus far, ofc it’s not a final solution, but at least I can play.

3 Likes

it’ll force you to update once you restart and try to run the game again

Mac user here…and no, it def is a widespread issue, especially now! I cannot play the game now because there is no way for me to update the game for the client to be allowed to be opened and playable!!! I know this is a current blue post issue, but just want to confirm this is def a MAC issue too and is real! Needs to be fixed ASAP!

3 Likes

It has been more than 10 days and blizz doesn’t acknowledge it is a widespread issue? :rage:

More than 10 days? this has been an issue for YEARS.

Checking in here.

There was a fix in the latest version of Agent (2.25.5.7614) aimed at addressing the constant updating issues for WoW on Mac. Internal testing of the fix looked good. Can anyone confirm that WoW no longer tries to update when there is no new patch?

1. Have the latest version of WoW installed so the Play button is available
  2. Click the cog wheel icon and select Check for Updates
  3. WoW should not update and will show Up to Date below the Play button

Not fixed. Literally all I had to do was update addons, and now it thinks there is an update.

I wish the team would actually read this thread and get a good comprehension on issue instead of trying blind fixes…

The TL/DR of it is
Stop trying to fix permissions on files who’s permissions don’t even matter. Leave interface/addons alone, leave .curse file alone, leave anything alone that’s not part of the files agent actually needs to manage.

As it stands, adding or removing a file of any kind to folder still triggers a fake update because agent is obsessed with policing every file within folder. Users store their own files/addons in this folder. 3rd parties do too such as curseforge. Make agent smarter and not get hung up on these files. Tell the bnet team to look at Battlenet constantly updating - #116 by Aunin-draktharon for an idea what I mean.

If I had to guess, they finally fixed the issue with agent incorrectly setting permissions on buildinfo file, which prevents it triggering fake updates on itself. that’s still progress not to be dismissed. It’s true that now opening and closing wow doesn’t make it go “oh there is an update to wow because you used it once”…But the other stuff needs to be fixed too.

1 Like

on my Macs- this issue only started friday- I do not run any addons… so I dont know what happened for it to start… in any case what Bllizzard did has made it worse… at least for me
and the directions related to the BB8 error better be deleted because they do not appear to be the problem… so frustrating trying to follow thos directiosn and then to fnd out inthe forum thread what the real problem and fix is

I can confirm that this is working MUCH better now! I wondered if there had been an update and actually came here looking to buy lunch for whoever solved this bloody thing! Well done!

Mac Mini M1 2020 16B - OS 12.1

I’d be curious if you use any addons at all and have tried updating them yet.
My experience is it works only if you don’t update literally anything in folder. Second you do it still triggers fake update.

ok i am getting this again. it was working fine.
now it’s won’t update and the getting error.
it keep saying fetching CDN configuration and then error window pop up.
mac book pro Mac Os Monterey
2016 intel i 7

so any way i can actually play the game?
last time it took a month before i can even log in,.

mine is not updating.
it’s say version 9.1.5.41389
i play last was before hot fix which i don’t have any issue playing.

Yes, I have a bunch of add-ons and use the CurseForge updater to update them.