Battlenet constantly updating

hoping for suggestions on where to go from here… I had the BB8 error… followed directions… deleted stuff- re-installed… now I am stuck in an infinite loop of scanning.
have not had WoW working since 12/17/2021…
I have an iMac 27in i7 2020 running macOS Monterey 12.1

i reinstall the battle .net app and wow.
now it’s updated version 9.1.5.41488
but when i hit play
it’s error
The CAS system was unable to initialize: ClientHandler: initialization error: failed fetching the build configuration file

ClientHandler: initialization error: failed fetching the build configuration file

ClientHandler: initialization error: failed fetching the build configuration file

don’t know where to go from here. ticket been issue and it’s like 3 days now that i haven’t herd back.
please fix and help lol.

Quit Battle.net app

Go to Launchpad run Activity Monitor and quit all Agent.app

Use VPN and connect to USA server then open Battle.net app

Wait for updates

All down!

Enjoy!

None of that has worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled WoW and it is still broken. It is the only blizzard game that is having the issue.

Feel this thread is going off topic.

This thread is about the constant update (fake patch) bug

Not for issues with it NOT updating or throwing errors. Those should go into a new thread for tracking so the issues don’t get mixed up.

Its connected because the errors are happening along that as well. Before my “update” it was like what Tom had, 9.1.5.41389. Also like Tom, when battle.net was uninstalled and reinstalled it “updated” WoW to 9.1.5.41488 but now is giving the CAS errors. Remove and reinstall WoW, same error. Uninstall and reinstall Battle.net, “updates” WoW and WoW classic to the versions it already is but still WoW(not classic), is giving errors. tickets have been sent but no response has come forth.

Same issues here, although im on PC. If i close D2R, or any wow game, TBC or SL, every single program has to update before i launch it again. And it takes 2-3 mins per program.