Battle.net App Update Loop

and this is why I cancelled my sub and have gone over to play FFXIV…poor form actiblizz. You could learn a lot from other games and your player base. Played since Vanilla days but you’ve really let things slide downhill. Very disappointing.

1 Like

It seems to be doing updates on retail, PTR, and Classic every hour almost since last night.

What are they doing?

9 Likes

I would like to know as well orc friend.

2 Likes

Adding new things they hope we will eventually notice, or remove things they are hoping we will not notice?

4 Likes

Likely background crap, post it to the ptr, make sure it doesn’t kill the game, post it to live

1 Like

Spamming you! Also stealth nerfs!

1 Like

Adding more fruit bowls?

4 Likes

I was getting hungry

I’m having the same problem. Both Retail and TBC Classic keep doing an update. In fact, if it updates and I manually check for updates right afterwards, it’ll update again.

I’m able to still get into both games, but it has been doing this since yesterday. I even tried to delete my Battle Net cache and temp files, only to see it still trying to update. Given that others are having the same problem, I’m wondering if it could be on Blizzard’s end.

Hope this can get resolved somehow. It’s annoying to have to wait for it to do its thing before I can get into the game, let alone seeing Battle Net keep constantly updating it.

1 Like

Probably an update bug loop. I’ve had these. I had b. net update 4 times in a row

Yeah,notice that ,I guess it’s transferring data to your files so watch out something is coming up.

Oh geess ,hope not.

That reminds me bros,hungry got to make so food.

It’s not just the various versions of WoW but all my Blizzard games, except for Hearthstone, have updates available this morning.

And those WoW updates ran through last night before I went to bed, and this morning, the same thing is happening yet again.

Very curious.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

You’ve been infected by Ion_HazzaVirus.exe

4 Likes

I suggest everyone post in here, as well, so we can make sure to have the information where Blizz will see it in both places:

9 Likes

We are having the same problem. I hope Blizzard fixes it.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, still having this issue

1 Like

Because it’s not Tetris.

If Tetris MMO dropped it would kill WoW.

this is happening to me as well , seeing an update notice for all versions of W.o.W I have loaded every hour.