Battle.net App Update Loop

having the same issue. started this week i think

Thank you so much for the response! Please keep us posted.

Same thing for me, super frustrating, and not sure how to fix it, have tried everything, and reported it at least 5 times now.

I totally agree, wish they would get it fixed ASAP

Same thing is happening to me, I can’t play the game.

1 Like

This has been happening since the launcher update earlier this week. Several titles are impacted. Very annoying!

I’m having the same problem, all WoW games try to update and then they go into a scan and repair cycle which fails and then right back to update. This is maddening. Can’t play any WoW games. Even trying to launch them without using the Battle.net App fails.

1 Like

Same. I’ve been experiencing it for 2 days so far. I tried repairing files, but it didn’t find any that needed fixing.

Doesn’t interfere with game play, but it’s really annoying!

I was posting in a thread I thought was the proper thread to post in. Then I saw this:

So maybe I was posting in the wrong thread and this is the one to post in. Here are my two posts:

1 Like

I have been having this problem on my main machine for a few days now.

My secondary machine which has the same OS and programs installed hasn’t experienced the issue.

My other desktops which also have Win10 but different programs installed haven’t experienced it either.

Myself and my entire raid team are also having this issue. WoW, WoW Classic, and some report hearthstone are all updating anytime we exit the game or open bnet

Yep happening to me to. No clue why. Not a big problem I guess but still kinda annoying.

Yep I am stuck in this update loop issue too…and I am on Windows 11.

This is happening to me too, very frustrating

I have the same issue, on Win10, infinite update for WoW retail and TBC classic, sometimes Classic era will also join the party. :joy:

I tried to uninstall and reinstall all WoW, ~80GB, no help. Delete battle net cache folders, no help.

Save your bandwidth and Internet data, don’t reinstall, just wait for Blizzard fix. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I only have PTR and live 9.1.5 installed. Basically PTR would update, which would invalidate some file(s) in Live and Live would update, which would then invalidate the files for the PTR, looping back and forth.
Pausing the PTR update for the time being stopped the loop so far, it might be a fix for some of the rest of you.

1 Like

Hope we’ll be getting some credit for this down-time, I am not able to play at all!

1 Like

I think I’m having the same issue as well. If I tab to the battle.net app quickly enough, it’ll say initializing under the play button, then checking data indices, then starts reclaiming disk space.

All this only lasts for maybe 30sec-1min so I don’t think it’s actually downloading/installing anything.

A “workaround” for now, open Bnet settings > go in Downloads > click on Never automatically apply updates. That will stop the auto update loop.

4 Likes

thanks for the info