Battle.net App Update Loop

Blizzard, wake up! All of us can’t be having the same computer problems on the same day, lol. Fix this. It’s so irritating…

4 Likes

I am having this same issue that started yesterday. I have tried all known google fixes including uninstall and reinstall of battle.net completely using Revo.

1 Like

I’m able to play but it is still doing the update thing. I’m PC Windows 10.

2 Likes

Far from ideal but running the Wow.exe directly from the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_

Works for me, I just pinned it to my taskbar so I don’t have to go there each time. I would suggest keeping the Battle net client open though in case Blizz pushes an (actual) update lol.

1 Like

I had to go in to my C drive/program files x 86/world of warcraft/retail /WOW.exe + right click on it and I got in bypassing Battle.net.
Kind of the old fashion way.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to chime in and let you know we are aware of some permission level issues that are causing various errors or update loops with the Blizzard Desktop Application and hosted games. We are investigating the issue and hope to have it addressed soon. I recommend keeping an eye on the forums for any updates as we get them.

49 Likes

Just tried this, but for Classic, and it just disconnects as soon as I enter the game T.T

1 Like

and you cant turn off auto update cause it will just force you to update before running the game

2 Likes

Same all my battle net games keep updating even call of duty black ops cold war and tbcc and classic I’m running windows 11

1 Like

Thank you for the update Kershew!

2 Likes

umm, what is taking so long, endless update messages is annoying.

I tried to run the repair feature for this and now I get a “Whoops something went wrong message” at the end of the repair, and it will now only let me repair and says the same thing each time.

1 Like

Having similar issues. M1 Mac running Big Sur (OS 11.6.1). Started with graphics lag/freezing issues with 9.1.5 update, which dropping my settings 2 notches seemed to smooth out. They had been set at “recommended” about 11 months ago when machine was purchased. But night before last when I opened Battle Net I suddenly got an “Agent” request for my computer login password, and the upgrade started updating, but never got past a tiny red blob at the start of the progress guide and 0%. It finally gives up and either shows me a popup menu with typical Blizzard bs and links to suggestions that don’t work, or the “Play/Update” button just defaults to “update”. I can’t log in at all. Neither can I repair, because the “progress” also never gets past 0%, with the difference being that the tiny blob remains blue, which is strangely less aggravating than red… Been to the website, tried all the suggestions, plus other minor brainstorms - NADA. I guess now I save my adds and WTF, trash everything and re-download the Y^&#(XX game. Think happy :crazy_face: thoughts, yes?

thanks for the update

Have you tried resetting your modem…

Yep, seeing this same issue myself. It’s mildly annoying, but it’s not keeping me from playing WoW. Win10 here.

3 Likes

Yup, every time I open the launcher it ‘updates’ Classic, TBC and SoM beta.

1 Like

Happened again today right after I turned my computer on and before I did anything except launch my browser: one by one, each version of Wow and the PTR’s updated through the now normal looping update cycle.

Then after getting into the game for a short bit, after exiting, once again the update sequence repeated.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

I uninstalled Battle.net, rebooted, cleaned up all of the folders and did a clean install. Same thing.

1 Like

having the same issue. started this week i think