Constant Updates

I’ve been getting constant short updates yesterday and today. I ran a scan to see if something might be corrupted and soon as the scan finished it ran an update! What is wrong and why doesn’t it stop?

It’s happening for the retail client too. Also, more than average updates to Overwatch, Diablo 3, and StarCraft. Probably just removing more “problematic” content.

1 Like

Same here, it’s getting to the point of being annoying (though still a first-world type problem).

I was getting the impression that it was all actually one small patch that was failing to complete properly, and trying over and over again.

3 Likes

So not just something only on my end or me imagining things. Don’t remember when it started, seems about a week now, frequent updates to all games, and constant ones for both WOW Classic clients.

Are there any blue posts on this? I can’t log into my client now because the game will not launch without scanning game files. Every time the client runs a scan, I get an error and the cycle continues.

It is annoying as heck…having same issue for the last few days

There’s an update loop bug happening, there’s a thread about it in the tech forum already. A blue has responded that they are aware of it and are looking into it, and to keep checking forums for an update about it.

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks. Here is the post.

3 Likes

you can log in to game client despite the update issue, check the box in update settings that says pause updates when i launch a game. it will allow you to hit play instead of waiting for the update to complete.

^^^ Edit: Doesnt seem to work around anymore. Disregard the above unless it still works for you.

The game is only 17 years old. Give them a little time to figure out how to update it.

2 Likes

Same problem here, I tried doing a repair scan. Also I uninstalled and reinstalled the battle net ap. Still happening.

ok, turning off updating until this frakking problem is fixed… as for the blue posts, they don’t seem to want to let me see them… haven’t seen them in quite a while, and as for the forums themselves, I have to do a damn search every time I want to access them, which I am so very not impressed with

I’ve been getting constant updates for about three days.

It’s a good thing… trust me

1 update for each fruit bowl

Every time I log out of the game it downloads an update, been going on for days and it’s extremely annoying.

yeah its really annoying

hopefully each update is ban waves for bots… wishful thinking I know

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.