Battlegrounds are Garbage

I see. Have a very special day!

2 Likes

Honestly Idk why people think a normal random MMR would be bad. Literally everything else in WoW has an MMR or something to climb to before you can do it. Try pushing high content M+ without raider io lmfao. Beyond that we can already see in games where quick match has an MMR and uses it that que times don’t just shoot to crazy numbers. CoD has it. OW has it. Tons of other games have a Quick match MMR.

The only things with MMR in this game are rated BGs or arena and require groups to form. The flip side of this is in PvE Mythic raiding and Mythic Plus also require you to form a group. So no.

1 Like

Well apparently you don’t do PVE at all lol, or have never touched raider io or know that its just a PVE MMR. You’re not doing high tier key groups or Heroic/M+ raiding without it. Everything in WoW other than BG’s has an MMR. ((Even LFR has an iL requirement same with mythics. Just a poor man’s MMR)

It does not.

You are proving yourself wrong and don’t even realize it. The things that are rated and not considered casual play require groups to form themselves like Rated BGs, Arena, Mythic Plus, and Mythic Raiding. You cannot solo queue up for a similar player(s) in any of those formats of game play.

There is zero need to place MMR in practice mode, because of all the net negatives. Imagine not being able to queue with a friend because your gear isn’t the same for a random BG. See how stupid that is?

You all are wasting your breath trying to ask for MMR in practice mode. It’s just stupid. I would argue for soloQ for a 6v6 RBG or something like that instead, but practice mode does not need MMR - it’s a random quick match, and you are trying to make them something they are not. If you want competitive play, there are avenues for that.

1 Like

While it sounds nice, i have to imagine that there aren’t nearly enough players queuing BGs to reliably setup games based on MMR in a reasonable amount of time. We already have queue time issues, so like, to even begin to imagine a hidden MMR system, we’d need to completely wipe out the factions and make it one player pool.

they just need to fix the gear gap and reduce the honor grind to 197. It was fine during release where we did it on our mains a few ranks each week, but it is currently just obnoxious and frustrating on alts.

3 Likes

Some people with a full set of 197 gear cant even get into a group right now. The system sucks.

1 Like

^This is what we need. We need an ilvl floor or we need to ditch honor gear upgrades and leave that for conquest gear. Because right now the experience for a fresh 60 isn’t a pleasant one, and if that’s a player’s first taste of pvp they ain’t coming back.

And I know everyone likes the sound of mmr in unranked pvp on paper but as others have pointed out it would skyrocket queue times. Horde already waits 10+ minutes, no one is sticking around to get in one game per hour.

PS Can’t get into an RBG group? Start your own.

Dude just get your covenant set, grind that up to 197 because most of it comes with vers on it. Get your PvP trinks and start grinding it out in rated arena. Once you get some conquest gear and around 12-14% vers pop into rated bgs. I know I don’t have the greatest rating right now, but that’s what I’ve been doing the past couple of weeks. Working out well.

Please learn what you’re talking about before you say proved wrong lmfao. Raider io is an MMR thats all it is. lmfao. Good luck with being a wall. You’re doing a great job so far.

Raider IO is an outside resource that allows people to view your experience in mythic dungeons. It has nothing to do with random BGs having a MMR or ilvl bracket.

Pvp uses checkpvp to check scores. Again, these are competitive groups that form on their own. What do they have anything to do with random BGs having some sort of MMR?

1 Like

Dont know what i’m talking about? The fact that the ilvl difference isn’t an issue?

Kindly shove it

yep. sounds like the issue youre having is (possibly) being addressed, be patient and if it doesnt then cancel your account and write the most hideous response to your cancellation.

this too…

“im multi glad 3k on main my alts hit 2k np gitgud ooga booga” lol k

1 day it took me to get to 194 ilvl, if you are 150ilvl then take that beating and get your gear!

1 Like

amen to that …

remove merc queues as well or allow factions to queue into each other. the narrative of factions at war doesn’t exactly fit well with merc, so if that barrier broken why not open the gates completely?

3 Likes

Should not be able to 5man premade a 10man BG for one. Been seeing that a lot today.

1 Like

Would be Nice to see SOME Ilvl Bracketing to Random Bg’s with a throttle based on Time that opens up longer you wait.

1 Like

Also would be Nice to See 5Man Pre-Mades have to Fight other 5 Man Pre-Mades

1 Like

On 2 separate occasions now I’ve geared a 2nd Holy Paladin, and now a H/V DH to 200 or higher in a couple days of playing. I agree, the grind seems like a pain, but even someone who only plays a couple hours a day should be able to accomplish this in a week or so.