#BattleforFullscreen

If the loss of exclusive fullscreen (EFS) was detrimental to your WoW experience, I suggest you join our brothers and sisters from across the Atlantic to create a unified voice against this change.

Link for reference:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620462306?page=7

TL;DR the link: Pleas advocating for the return of EFS are being heard on the EU boards, Telemacharas (Blizz Customer Service) is attempting to highlight this issue to the Dev Team. A unified, professional front is probably the best way to voice players' concerns over this issue. Rallying under the banner of #BattleforFullscreen, is (imo) the best vehicle to deliver a quantifiable message of the detrimental impact to the player base.

How many have been effected (... Affected?)? That number, I think, is the metric that would matter most to Blizz's Dev Team. If significant enough, it seems reasonable to assume it would start the process for rectifying this issue.

If you'd like to see EFS return to the game (or some other technical fix), then join the battle.... For fullscreen.

#BattleforFullscreen

EDIT: Adding Tresska's post about this issue for reference, and to further show the depth of this issue's impact. Tresska created that post prior to the change going live:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765497266
28 Likes
Greetings fellow players. I too am very disappointed with this change and the lack of answers by anyone following this thread from Blizzard. I also played this game in full screen on 3 monitors pushing 5760x1080. A lot of fun and looked great. Now I'm having to stretch to make the same and don't get true 1080 because of the window and the performance is much worse. How about an answer to fix this?

#BattleforFullscreen

Lord Commander Leathersack
4 Likes
Coming back for BfA, this has been the ONLY negative for me about the game. Nothing else they've removed has bothered me but this. Half my usual FPS is just too much of a performance hit.
3 Likes
I am still waiting for the fix to CASC file system wow employs over the old MPQ file system. Ever since they changed that over in WoD I have had nothing but crazy high loading times on load screens. To be fair...even at 2 years in DX12 is still a fairly new tech to be implementing in WoW. For example, I know that one of the other major MMOs still on the market, EVE Online, still uses DX9 and offers DX11 for higher end users to use because they are both more stable and run exclusive fullscreen mode better without the hoopla interference from Windows or UWP. I know Blizz is trying to future proof their game since EVE releases a major update typically 2-3 times a year compared to WoW's expansion set based coding over the course of 2 years...but even in 2 years DX12 will just then be hitting a stable enough place to use widespread. Honestly Blizz should consider disabling it for BFA and enabling DX11 again...at least till they can get their fullscreen mode sorted out.

As a side note, I do not play exclusive FS, I don't know anyone who does, nearly everyone I know has a 2nd monitor and consider it a detriment to utilizing both screens at once. However, just because most gamers have that setup doesn't mean the avg Joe does. Blizz needs to understand they can push tech limitations, but at the end of the day they are casting a wide net for players running on literally 100s of different setups from hardware to OS. For that reason along, that isn't one Ahead of the Curve achievement they want, instead they want to stay behind the curve.
1 Like
Agreed. The fact that could slip through this change that affects so much of the player base is staggering. Come on, Blizz. Fullscreen is still supported until at least 2023.
1 Like
#BattleforPotatoes

FTFY
Yeah, having to play in Windowed Mode is getting annoying.
4 Likes
#BattleforFullscreen
07/25/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Rolix
this has been the ONLY negative for me about the game. Nothing else they've removed has bothered me but this.

I have other issues with BfA, but the fullscreen nonsense is the only one making me not want to play the game.
3 Likes
Fullscreen is industry standard for a reason. Dx12 IS capable of fullscreen support if Blizz chose to write it themselves and there is zero reason to remove it from Dx11. An earlier build in the beta even had fullscreen but they removed it. This is armature and reeks of cutting corners
4 Likes
#BattleforFullscreen

I'm glad to see that there's some recognition of this problem over there on the EU forums.
2 Likes
I created a thread back before this change went live to let people know what was happening. It capped in under 24 hours with over 100 upvotes. Let me find the link for you to add to your OP
2 Likes
07/25/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Krellivath
I'm glad to see that there's some recognition of this problem over there on the EU forums.

Same.

I would hop over there to thank Telemacharas, but I don't have an EU account.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765497266 You should reference this
I am also sick of people painting this out to be something that only effects people with low end systems. I am running:

Liquid cooled i9-7900x overclocked to 5.1 ghz
32 gb of RAM
2 1080ti in SLI
1440 X 3440 utra wide G-Sync monitor
Game is installed on a NvME SSD

Even my performance has been severely impacted
2 Likes
07/25/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Tresska
I am also sick of people painting this out to be something that only effects people with low end systems. I am running:

32 gb of RAM
2 1080ti in SLI

And I thought my computer was beefy.. (Pun intended)
07/25/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Kagh

32 gb of RAM
2 1080ti in SLI

And I thought my computer was beefy.. (Pun intended)
I am a commercial artist and often work on MASSIVE art files. The power extra power is nice :). I also like to future proof. I like to go big and then not feel the need to upgrade for about 5 years while I slowly put money away for my next computer.

My previous computer which I bought about 5 years ago was like that. I just gave it to my kids and it still runs most games fairly well at ultra.

Unfortunately I can now run ARK in a huge tribe war better than I can run WoW and that is just sad.
3 Likes

32 gb of RAM
2 1080ti in SLI

I'm running a two and a half year old ASUS G752

Air cooled i7-6700HQ regularclocked to 2.6 GHz
12 bg of RAM
1 GTX 965m
Whatever the built in screen is
Game installed on a 7200 RPM HDD

My performance is better in windowed full screen with DX 12 after the patch than it was in full screen with DX 11 before the patch.

Your problem is either not your hardware or you're lying on the internet (I know, who would do such a thing?)
07/25/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Galadred
My performance is better in windowed full screen with DX 12 after the patch than it was in full screen with DX 11 before the patch.

"I don't have a problem, so the problem doesn't exist."

Re-adding fullscreen won't hurt you or your windowed mode.

Your post is 100% pointless.
6 Likes
I have to agree. Even in game mode, my desktop is rendering in the background and causing my fps to be lower than what it should be. Then there are times when my monitor tries to display at its normal refresh rate and causes graphical hiccups as well as some images having glitches in their appearance.

My computer is not top of the line, but is by no means a potato. A gaming computer, with a gaming monitor, should not have the trouble they are now having with a game that prided itself on accessibility to many systems.

Fullscreen is needed to resolve the issues that have become apparent without it.
You got fullscreen removed and are playing at half frame rate some so some rich guy with a $2000 computer and 3 monitors can tab on multiple screens. Blizzard's priorities.
2 Likes