Based Blizzard not addressing the Rogue class at all

Im having a lot of fun with rogue, but I do think it needs some serious survivability buffs lol. Leeching poison does do pretty much nothing. Slice and Dice has become better but it is still clunky to use. Ruptute is very annoying to track, garrote is dumb for a similar reason.

Sepsis is omegabad. Literally no point in taking a tickle talent.

Rogues take WAY too much damage from melee that either needs to be addressed with an armor buff or a flat buff to evasion. Seriously, why is a Rogue’s base dodge 10%? Way too low.

Taking 400k damage per melee swing in the open world at 560 is complete and utter trash.

3 Likes

You have fixated on a tongue in check statement about damage and blown it up to some L2P issues while ignoring tons of people talking about bugs and enjoyment.

I don’t have problems doing damage on my Rogue. Others here don’t seem to have that issue either. You swoop in with a thought terminating “but my damage meter” and are surprise when people dismiss you. You aren’t making reasonable arguments. You are coming in and saying your experience is representative of reality and that other people should stop talking.

Yeah Rogues can pump damage. But is that process engaging and generally free from bugs that dampen it? That’s the conversation people want to have.

“Should we also not look at /played as well as endgame achievements? If you played rogue for 20 years logging heroics and queing random bgs, can you really compare to the guy playing 10 years doing mythics or rated pvp?”

I don’t care. You’re not a fighter pilot you’re some rando who’s playing a video game. I’ve never had issues performing in those environment. It’s more a matter of prioritizing my play time to things I enjoy more. Though mythics I admittedly enjoy but life gets in the way.

None of which matters to game feel. You don’t have to be a sommelier to know the difference between wine and vinegar.

11 Likes

You’re right. I get it. I must be doing something wrong to not have vanish/bte break half the time. Only once out of the hundreds of casts broke that totally bricked my damage with no recovery.

I apologize for trolling everyone here. I hope blizzard fixes this class soon. Maybe next week in Season 1 we will truly see how much of an unplayable mess this spec is, when all the rogue mains get benched and reroll.

Maybe that will send a message to blizzard that Outlaw really needs to be looked at more instead of being ignored

Playing around bugs = / = them not existing.

I actually looked back and remembered the last conversation we had. It was about acro, and how you said people hate it because they’re not “skilled enough” to play without acro. I promptly corrected you and stated that the main issue was with the downtime it was going to create - being that Outlaw is the most punished spec by downtime.

You never responded or anything - you just tucked your tail and ran like the coward you were.

Losers like you only come here to flaunt some bizarre superiority complex. You should really just go away.

Usually it’s just people having an adult conversation until you interject with your childish nonsense and derail the discussion into a toxic path. If you really have been playing rogue for 20 or whatever years you said you’ve been playing, you’re obviously well into your adult years. And if you’re coming onto internet forums and talking to people the way you are on a video game forum of all things - that’s legitimately pathetic and you need to grow up.

12 Likes

you were right. not having acro these last 2 weeks have made the class very unplayable. I’m constantly having to move out and not dpsing.

I finally realized what people who complained about acro means. This spec literally is unplayable. I will also play in a way that account for the bugs, to make sure it breaks crackshot >50% of the time

1 Like

Assumptions again. Trolling again. There are plenty of vanilla rogues like myself who have a large quantity of experience across the specs and classes and we don’t come on here to put people down. Salt is one of 3 max-level rogues of mine, and she’s a vanilla rogue. You come into these and accuse everyone of not knowing how to play, treat them poorly, then move on to the next forum to do the same. So, you’re either an incredible narcissist who believes because you run Mythic and high keys that you’re better than everyone, or you just enjoy treating people bad. Either way, you’re not here helping other players figure things out. As I recommended in the other thread, I suggest you actually be productive in these forums or just leave people alone.

7 Likes

wow you played since vanilla? sorry for assuming because you’re definitely more experienced than me, probably way better too. I don’t think I can run high keys and mythics anymore this upcoming season because no one will invite a buggy underperforming class. I have no place in playing this convoluted mess of a spec, maybe it needs to be reverted to more like it was in Vanilla.

I have tried to be productive before but all the vanilla rogues in here says I’m wrong ;/

You love being abusive huh? All classes and specs are viable, including rogues in all content. I am sure you will perform just fine, like many people do, across pve and PVP content. That has nothing to do with the fact that the class is bloated and having more problems with that bloat than any other class. If you don’t see it, again, leave dude. You’re just a toxic forum troll who doesn’t help anyone.

5 Likes

you’re right, its super bloated right now I can’t play it without a proper mmo mouse.

Stealth breaking consistently? Pfft, just play around it like I do and don’t use stealth at all! Infact, just unbind it entirely. L2play issue tbh.

8 Likes

Do you know what we do when stealth breaks. You press stealth again. Just a thought. It was tought since it took my 30 years playing WoW to learn this

Yeah, let’s say you’re shrouding through a pack of mobs and it breaks and aggros. JuSt SteAltH aGaIn!11 Wow, why didn’t I think of that? What an absolute genius you are.

5 Likes

I’ve never randomly broke out of stealth with shroud. Can you teach me how to do that.

How many more additional goal post should we add to stealth breaking. Did you just take damage from killing spreeing? Did a pack put a debuff on you. Did someone in the group press a stealth breaking ability/consumable/trinket during shroud. Did someone walk too close to a mob without distracting it the opposite facing direction.

Woww i didn’t know it would just randomly break like it did in pvp

You haven’t? Oh thank f for that then. As long as it’s never happened to you.
Someone should tell all those youtubers uploading footage of stealth breaks in bg’s and then getting wrecked that they should calm down because it’s never happened to you personally.

1 Like

so we’re talking about pvp now?

That I’d believe, because pvp has other player skill interactions. But in pve it’s always been breaking because of something, that i’ve noticed, never randomly.

We’re talking about literally any situation where restealthing is not an option.

1 Like

you right. in pve if you get unstealthed during a dungeon there are no options.

When that happens I usually just sit there like helpless chicken becaus my damage is now bricked. I wish rogues didn’t have stealth, they should’ve removed this garbage 10 years ago

Or better yet; instead they could just do their jobs properly and fix the bugs? How about that?

5 Likes

That’s what i’ve been saying since 30 years ago

Please go post on the bug report to get some attention from Blizzard. We really need this fixed before the season starts. Confirmed abilities breaking Stealth in PvP - #2 by Jo-moon-guard

---- Update - Formatted List ----
Confirmed Bugged:

1. Warlock - Malevolence - 100 yard range AoE stealth break ignoring line of sight.
  2. Warlock - Any shard spenders (Hellcaller hero talent) - 100 yard range AoE stealth break ignoring line of sight. Basically spammable.
  3. Paladin - Divine Resonance (Divine Toll) - Automatic Judgment knocks you out of stealth even while not visible. It appears the range check is what breaks you out of stealth, no hammer is ever thrown at you. Range is limited to 30 yards and line of sight, but knocks you out of stealth regardless of what direction the Paladin is facing.
  4. Frost Mage Splinterstorm - Frost Splinter / Embedded Frost Splinter hit stealthed targets within 20 yards of the mage casting.

Not Bugged:

1. Monk - Keg Smash - Knocks you out if you’re in range of the target that is hit - roughly 8-10 yards.
  2. Warlock - Shared Fate - Damage pulse will knock you out if you are in range of the target being hit - roughly 10 yards.
  3. Ice Lance AoE / Living Bomb from Frostfire Empowerment
2 Likes