Based Blizzard not addressing the Rogue class at all

I get more satisfaction from playing around Trickster than Snorebound.

Then why are you playing Rogue?

But it actually has something to play around. I don’t care if the damage isn’t stupid amazing. Fatebound is boring.

2 Likes

It’s funny so many people have the same sentiment with things. My son believes that if he has more life the longer he will survive in wow. Yes, I understand he has yet to learn the fundamentals of defensive skills and all that. Some people here think that I have great DPS on my rogue. That is wonderful. How did you manage it. 1 skill 2 skills or your entire tool box. how many other classes must use their entire toolbox to do substantial damage. Most dps can don’t have to go near the strains that we have to, just to be viable. A new issue for me is that tanks still don’t move from aoe damaging abilities from bosses. Just stands in there cause they have 100% healer attention. My RANGE is crap now. I have to literally stand on top of mobs to hit them. Yes that will effect my dps.

1 Like

I think the bigger thing here is rogue’s have needed a overhaul the longest and when 90% of classes got reworked this beta and rogue’s were treated even worse than they normally are in beta’s it was the last straw for many.

They have ignored modernizing the class for so long just a talent rework won’t really fix the class. It needs all the love it never got all these years everything else did updating how mechanics work and updating abilities to work like modern day things do and not 2004 mechanics.

An easy example feint it should either just cost energy or have a cd not both, a cd makes the most sense here. A minor issue here but the issue is it’s like this for everything.

“We wanted to modernize kidney shot so we gave it higher cd” When modernizing would have been kidney has a higher cd but doesn’t cost anything and can’t be dodged/parried. But we get the downside and the downside higher cd and still costs 2 resources as I said punished just to be punished.

7 Likes

It’s output is only slightly behind. The damage itself isn’t the issue.

2 Likes

i could have lived with a 30 sec cd kidney if it allowed to scale past 5 cp
but the moaners gonna moan, omg 8 sec stun omg
like we didn’t have it in pandaria

1 Like

I mean i’m full pvp gear and a ret can 100-0 me in one stun anyway so…

1 Like

I don’t include paladins in any conversation dealing with PVP. It is the golden child that far surpasses all classes. I thought that the war within was about us being within azeroth but no its about a paladin fighting his inner demons to become one with the light again. So of course they have to make them as strong as possible.

3 Likes

honestly i would be happy if they finally put some development time into fixing de-stealthing issues. it’s been getting progressively worse every expansion, especially in battlegrounds where it’s laughably bad. Twin peaks by the river and AB by the stables is basically playing as a squishy warrior.

from a PM standpoint it obviously makes sense since rogues have consistently had one of the lowest representations for a while now. Hard to justify dev time on probably one of the more technically difficult mechanics in the game. I would have thought it would get more dev time when hunters were given stealth though…

2 Likes

Don’t bother with Emberpaws. He’s a troll. He just comes here to tell people they don’t know how to play their class.

10 Likes

You can point out bugs effecting Rogues/Outlaw and he literally responds with “you don’t know how to play”.

I have no idea what his motives are with his childish responses.

7 Likes

Nah it’s absolutely not S tier. This is just nonsense from streamers who are copy pasting each others opinions, mostly based on S4 of DF. The only likely competitive rogue spec will end up being assassination, but it’s still totally outclassed by a bunch of stuff and can easily be shut down. There are several clear outliers that are VASTLY better than rogue and require basically zero effort or setup to excel with. Fury, Frost mage, unholy DK, affliction lock, and preservation evoker are the actual clear top tier specs in PVP at the moment. Anyone calling rogues top tier is literally just ignoring the reality of the game in favor of some idealized theory about balance they have in their head.

3 Likes

Shh. Don’t bring up how pampered that class is. They’re still arguing the increased melee range is as impactful for them.

1 Like

I think if people are going to exaggerate and say it’s unplayable that’s fine on them. Just don’t expect a reasoned response from others who have actually played this spec for a long time through its ups and downs. Especially since now the exp is released and we’ve had plenty of time to test it.

I’m not saying there’s no issues, but it’s not as bad as people been crying about since outlaw is one of those specs that’s “hard” to pick up. It’s very easy to mix up lack of practice/knowledge of the spec with bugs etc when there’s so much noise around it adding the this perception.

People can keep coping and think I’m trolling but lets see in a week who’s right.

BTW the new class changes just in. Looks like they’re removing some of the “clankiness” of outlaw and just rogue in general. So you guys got at least some things you wished for.

Like the bugs that I stopped experiencing once people found out what’s causing it? Yep

Can you tell me why I’ve had no problems with crackshot since week 2?

YEa man. I’m definitely trolling. It’s not like I’ve been playing rogue consistently longer than most people here.

I’ll teach you how to restealth effectively in dungeons chain pulling if you ask nicely.

Best you be lookin at a lot of complied data.

Izen just released season 1 Sims with set gears, and walla, outlaw has some of the highest st dps along with sub, and the best part is that outlaw doesn’t. Even need it’s set to be alpha

On the other side of the spectrum, my dk specs need it’s tier sets to compete

Hate to rain on your pity parade but Outlaw sims are not even held in the same relevance as other specs lol. It assumes 100% uptime not missing one single gcd, no low rolling rng, and equal uptime of all RTB buffs which is not a realistic scenario at all but it’s intentionally setup that way for gear upgrading purposes. Any missed GCDs basically kills Outlaws damage and no other spec in the game suffers from downtime like it does. When the raid comes out that sim number isn’t even going to be relevant.

4 Likes

I only comment on things I’ve tested, so far my experience is the spec it self is plagued with issues, I’m not saying its not capable, its very much too early to tell how capable it actually is.

So far my observations are, cleave is fine, single target is ok (when things don’t break), and AOE is abysmal.

I have now encountered the few bugs consistently playing the last 2 weeks,

• BtE going on CD even while I have 1-2 seconds left on subterfuge.
  • BtE becomes bricked and will not fire off, the sound goes off, no damage, no combo points used.
  • Stealth breaks a lot for no reason (Class related more than outlaw, but important intraction of Outlaw’s staple damage)

Any sources for this, I have read some of the hotfixes for September 5 , I do not see any changes to Outlaw’s issues.

Could you tell me what the cause is for said bugs please.

1 Like

There’s alot of movement in Season One. Not having Acrobatic Strikes’ range is going to suck.

6 Likes

They’re referring to the fact that pity changes, and net nerfs to the class in a lot of ways, are coming in November if this PTR build goes live in that state. You can see them here in the blue post.

The only positive things in that wall of text are S&D isn’t a hard cast, crackshot resets on vanish or restealth, and some minor Fatebound changes, along with a few things for Sin that are good.

But we’re actually ignoring that they are literally killing Sub as a spec if the changes to remove Sepsis and Shadowdust go through. And that neither Trickster nor Deathstalker are getting any changes. Nor were any bugs that make the whole Crackshot rotation break addressed.

I can keep going with this. Point is, the entire thing is a big L beyond the S&D change, which was a long time coming.

8 Likes

You position yourself as the reasonable one here but mostly you just come across as a “git gud” type who wandered into WoW. Have some people employed hyperbole from a place of frustration? Yes. Does that mean they aren’t speaking to real issues? No.

"YEa man. I’m definitely trolling. It’s not like I’ve been playing rogue consistently longer than most people here.

I’ll teach you how to restealth effectively in dungeons chain pulling if you ask nicely."

Yeah and your oldest achs are from 2014. 7 years after my oldest and I have stuff from before achs were even a thing. Step off your high horse. A LOT of people here have been playing Rogues for a very long time. Longer then you even.

10 Likes

yet here you and many are complaining about issues im not having, things like bte bricking all the time, low damage, downtime from lack of acro . Why is that?

Ive had a long history before addressing many of the play “issues l” people have on here, by explaining the mechanics of how and what can be done. In many cases it was a L2P problem. But people rather think their way is the only way. No one wants to admit its a play issue and its easier to blame this on the spec and its “design” problem. Its easier to just dismiss anything as trolling if it doesnt agree. What can you do.

Should we also not look at /played as well as endgame achievements? If you played rogue for 20 years logging heroics and queing random bgs, can you really compare to the guy playing 10 years doing mythics or rated pvp?

In fact what also matters are the recent experience on the class, because rogue from 20 years ago is not the same as rogue from previous 3 expansions

1 Like