Banned for "Afking BGs"

Having your chat muted (known colloquially as a squelch) is not synonymous with being suspended or banned. The automatic chat mute from right-click player reports has been in the game since May of 2007.

Players cannot automatically ban each other with right-click reports.

1 Like

We begged blizzard to ban the gold botters before the launch of tbc classic. They lost a lot of money doing so.

Blizzards new marketing model:

Hyperban people so that they make a new account and buy another boost. $$$100 a person.

Fire all of the customer service agents that work for Blizzard. Make a bunch of customer service bots to take their place. $$$

Fire all the blizzard investigators. Hire bots to automate bans. $$$

They claim the bans aren’t automated but there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that is a lie.

post receipts

Receipts for which part of my post?

All of it.

May of 2007, the automatic squelch system was introduced:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070528080211/http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/squelch.html

Player reports in Battlegrounds do not automatically suspend other players:

There is no auto-ban:

blizzard is a company of clowns and im embarassed to give them my money

2 Likes

Just dont afk so you dont get reported. If you dont want to get punished then play properly. Hope this teaches you a lesson not to afk in bgs.

Timestamp for when they are banned? Every person who has parroted/linked some streamer’s clickbait, has been unable to include a timestamp for the supposed proof.

Because that proof doesn’t exist, it’s click bait trying to pass off automatic mutes as automatic bans.

1 Like

Every time there’s a ban wave, you get all the cheaters that got banned to scream all over Reddit and everywhere else how they never cheated. AV leechers are definitely a problem and as much as I distrust Blizzard and hold a very low opinion of them, I find it very hard to believe they somehow ended up banning thousands of players that were literal Rambos single-handedly winning the games by solo (re-)capping towers, wiping enemy attempts at finishing off the last boss with a well timed main tank cyclone, and all these other stories of heroic yet unorthodox AV gameplay. I’m sure there’s probably one, two, maybe even three people that got caught in the crossfire and got unjustly banned, but for everyone else, the thirty day ban is a well deserved one.

As for the OP, the AV queue is literally less than a minute, most games end in under 15 minutes, even longest games don’t take more than, I dunno, 25 at most? If you can’t play for 25 minutes without a poop break, you should probably go have a talk with your doctor.

1 Like

Blizzard has really let a lot of people down this time. Everyone I know is getting banned for doing nothing but play BG’s, they just shouldn’t allow boosted toons in BG’s if they are mad about low bg’s.

1 Like

The few people I know who were hit by this were 100% AFK in some sense. Multi boxing, watching Netflix etx and they’ve been honest about it.

I did 12 straight hours of AV and played defense. We were top HKs / Dam in most games. Stealthing to a tower and sitting is griefing my time and you should be reprimanded.

Bumping for blizzard lack of competence.

1 Like

I was removed from AV and given deserter status while actively running up a tower to attack a druid at the top of it. I had not been afk at all whatsoever nor just standing around even to defend.

Yesterday I watched someone on my team get flagged “inactive” on the minimap…it puts a darker shade color on the person flagged inactive, then within 30 seconds, WHILE he was IN combat in the middle of the field with the enemy team surrounding him, it removed him from the match.

Definitely needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Yeah right bud, we all know you were watching house of dragons while alt-tabbed.

you got me bro, you are a master detective

Actually it is kind of ironic that is what you chose to say though because I did have someone on /fol and afk for the For the Horde! achievement last night…so I could watch House of the Dragon. lol But of course that isn’t battleground related.

XD That’s pretty funny

Its a very very automated system lol. There are no actual humans looking at that

1 Like

If blizzard got rid of their wild automated ban system and actually had GMs, this issue wouldnt even be a problem lol. Gg blizz

1 Like