Ban wave appeal times

Well the short answer is get GMS from the EU side they do help out on ocasion if the need arises.

The plan is that people appeal as they are instructed to do through the e-mail they received. All tickets are answered in the order that they are received. It is now just a waiting game.

I will add though, if your suspension is overturned? By all means ask for the time wasted to be credited to your account. When Blizzard is wrong, they admit to it and I’ve yet to see where a vindicated player was denied for playtime lost.

3 Likes

The Forum Support Agents have no insight into that. Unless otherwise stated, the appeals will sit in the queue just like every other ticket.

3 Likes

Thousands of appeals?

They’re not going to give you or us any sort of answer other than that appeals are handled in the order they’re received. That’s what they’re going to do with them. Look at the data and either uphold the account action or not.

6 Likes

This is the scary part for anyone who was wrongfully banned myself in that category. this has to be some kind of mistake .the fact it happened on a holiday weekend with no one working is just making it worse for everyone involved.

It’s used to be 7 days for Non Participation, sounds like Blizzard is cracking down and upped the punishment, as to it seems the previous was not working as it should. They also should take away any rewards gained from that period.

Another incorrect assumption. Tickets are answered 24/7/365.

1 Like

again, you wasn’t banned, you was suspended, Bans are permanent

again, it’s my understanding this ban wave is not justified at all. sure ban the people afking in caves or mines but don’t ban the people playing the game as it has been played for a long time.

That’s a matter of opinion. You need to wait for your appeal, kvetching here will not produce any results.

2 Likes

What you and other players think as unjustified means little if the data is there to back it up and the GMs determine otherwise. It’s a ‘wait and see’ scenario. If going with the group is such an anathema to you and so many others with how the BG is preferred by most now? Either you’ll have to adapt with them or not play in those particular events.

I do, however, wish you luck in your appeal and whatever is to come afterwards.

by most i would say it is!! people spam 6-7 defend towers. pulling after 2 towers down … every single AV. So by following the winning strategy to maximize our chances of winning those who chose to defend because they understand how losing IBT or TP can instantly turn your chances of winning too zero.

should we all just fight mid for 500 hk’s and not get a single objective cause that’s how this ban wave is making everyone feel. as well as others have said my guild and friends will not be doing AV’s for fear of being banned

your right it might not get me results but it’s not just me in this situation the more awareness and concern brought up about it the better.

1 Like

This isn’t up for debate. Like has been stated, your fellow players didn’t appreciate how you were playing the game. Their reports alone are not enough to get you sanctioned, a GM looked into the data during your time in there as well. It was found to be lacking and so you were hit with the non-participation sanction.

Those aren’t assumptions, those are the facts.

1 Like

But posting here is throwing it against the wall No one that matters no offense to teh blues u do matter will see this. Those that make the decisions and handle apeals dont come here.

1 Like

You’d be better of yelling at clouds, your and the others concerns won’t be heard here. The Devs and the Hacks team don’t come here for player feedback.

1 Like

last post, but have you seen the amount of people this is effecting.? i can guarantee you i do more in AV’s then 99% of the people… every single AV. and yet here we are… so your point is mute and in this instance of bans i think completely wrong

I have seen maybe 50 people posting on the forums about this. I think the numbers are inflated and overstated. Some people tend to operate on conjecture and limited information, throw in a few trolls, makes it a big mess.

2 Likes

Could there have been a mistake? Yes. These sorts of waves use information gathered from doing investigations into player reports. Once the data has been analyzed, then a wave would go out to action many accounts at once. A mistake could very easily be made at any point in the process, which is why the appeals process is in place.

This cannot be debated on the forums, but nor is an appeal a proper venue for debates. All an appeal does is have a fresh set of eyes look over the data to see if a mistake has been made. You can appeal several times until you’re told no more. Each time an appeal is opened, it’s looked at by a different person.

2 Likes

If this is how they determine data that is BS. It is literally how the game is played. If they have issues with people going to a tower and sitting in it to defend it while it caps, then it shouldn’t be an objective in said game that is necessary for victory and more honor. Metrics of how much healing/damage in an AV is one of the worst possible metrics you could use in how active you are. Their “data” better include if you were in a tower or not, were you there long after it burned or did you lave in a reasonable time after. Those better be included. If not it’s simply unacceptable and no one should be playing AV’s at all anymore.

Wanting to maximize honor and gain a victory is what should be the goal of each player and if the few chads who report people who defend towers that don’t understand the purpose of the game, can get you a suspension that’s absolutely asinine. If anything there should be a consequence for reporting people who are actively doing objectives.

2 Likes