Ban the /spit emote weakaura and addon

Call me old school but if chat is being toxic I just don’t look at chat. It’s pretty simple really. The whole “Internet harassment” just don’t read it.
You can literal change to chat windows to not even have to read whispers or emotes.

1 Like

i think its less about the text and more about the fact that they are looked down upon as 2nd class citizens

1 Like

As someone who think this behavior is despicable, I don’t even think it’s the emote itself necessarily. The fact that it is a LUA script that automatically conditionally triggers the emote is what’s over the top. It’s practically a spam addon with no purpose. You should have to actually trigger a macro or type to spit on someone - make it meaningful.

1 Like

Getting rid of the emotes doesn’t stop the behavior. People will just use a different emote. Heck people might even up their game and start tbagging people on the same faction. I mean…you gonna want them to remove the sit animation too?

Banning people is also not the answer. People have to go the extra mile to actually be considered harassing. Breaching subjective feelings is not enough for harassment. Being offended is not enough for harassment.

Harassment has to be a continuous, sustained effort to ruin the person’s life. With the ignore button, this is practically impossible, so the harasser would have to also do things physically in the game to sustain the effort.

Blizzard made it really simple. Right click your chat window…turn off emotes. Boom it’s that simple for people who get triggered by everything to turn it off.

1 Like

Boom.

1 Like

A dwarf female rogue kneeled on my dead body repeatedly. Ban female dwarves. ( but dos thighs)

1 Like

My true wonder behind all this is really 1 simple question. How many people bought the mount thinking that the community would think they were cool they would have it and expected to be really liked for having it and instead have been spit on? I don’t use weakauras but you can rest assured I have spit on my fair share of new mounts.

1 Like

So you admit your toxicity then, not someone i’d be interested in grouping with then.

1 Like

That’s ok with me! I /spit on new mount.

3 Likes

Obviously they are not trying to be friendly. But come on, it is a far cry from bullying. Real bullying is a problem for a lot of people. Ask any of them if they would trade the real life crap they are going through for a rude emote.

1 Like

God help us when you and your 12 supporters finally convince powers that be to make your changes.

Hahahaha! This is great! I’m gonna do exactly this and farm me some salt. :salt: :joy:

1 Like

I just made an addon to ignore all /spit emotes. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/no-spitting should soon be approved so you can install it and ignore the haters and move on with your day.

alright boys we’re switching to /fart

2 Likes

I know, I know, you woke up triggered over some person spitting on you in a video game.

Would you like me to break out a violin and play some taps for you or something?

i could buy and sell you and your mother, and i have far too much pride to pay for a boost or a deluxe edition. Money is not something that should be a part of an MMO, its an unfair advantage and catering to whales (whales = idiots who will spend every cent they have to look and perform better than anyone else in a game) kills good games.

The Poors? no, the good sportsmen, the actual players, the people playing in the true spirit of classic.

2 Likes

Isnt dungeons supposed to be the gear you get before raids? Not lvl 40 greens.

ive been filtering out emotes for like, maybe a decade.7

rofl

ALL the rich people I know brag about how rich they are.