Ban the /spit emote weakaura and addon

It’s harassment towards paying customers for playing the game. It’s completely uncalled for. I report them for harassment yet nothing gets done.

Now here’s we’re you say “Put them on ignore silly!” But my ignore list is maxed out on all toons.

I only have the communal set at the moment because the toxic community won’t invite me to raid, despite having the attunes and being max level.

28 Likes

I mean, it is a childish thing to do.

It’s similar to children making fun of you for not having the right sneakers.

People like to /spit on me in bg’s too, but I cant really stop them from doing that

7 Likes

As childish as it is, i find it quite funny, you can afford to buy new feelings

88 Likes

I just get a cup and save it all for later.

10 Likes

Oh, yes, it’s extremely childish. I find it pretty easy to ignore, though. It’s just an emote. It’s not like they’re taking the time to /whisper you anything terrible. Shrug it off and move on.

5 Likes

Exactly. The toxic community is really hampering new players’ enjoyment of the game. Hopefully blizz will step up and disable the addon and ban the worst offenders.

1 Like

Ban the /spit emote weakaura and addon

What would that even do? They could just change it to an even worse emote.

I swear these people just wanna tell people what to do, ban things, purge thought and exert power.

The communal set isn’t designed to raid level 60 stuff with. It’s designed to do hellfire quests that give you much better upgrades than what you find in Molten Core :rofl:

22 Likes
6 Likes

Crazy how peeps defend bad behavior.

18 Likes

hey, i’m sorry that you are experiencing trouble with toxicity in the community, that sucks for sure. blizzard will address it eventually probably, you gotta give them time. you should probably do some dungeons like BRD/Strathholme/LBRS to get some gear upgrades before trying to join a raid, most people overgear the raids and can carry you anyway but showing up completely in greens is gonna turn people off understandably. Imagine if a guy did need something let’s say off Hakkar and it is a rare drop he keeps losing, then a boosted guy in greens gets invited to the raid, how is he supposed to feel even having to compete on loot with someone who is in greens? I know, it’s messed up, but that’s the only way i know to deal with it is to try to do some dungeons to mask your boosted status and green gear to instead have some semblance of earned status within the game and raid. or you could just buy gear in a gdkp if you have the gold for it, i wouldn’t recommend it because the outlands comes out tomorrow anyway so the boosted chars will start to blend in and become indistinguishable before long and this wont be a problem anyway.

6 Likes

If your ignore list is maxed at the 50 character limit, might I suggest the Global Ignore List and Spam Filter add-on? It was what I had to do to filter out all the trash in the LFG channel so that I could actually find other people who were legitimately looking to form groups for group content. It works wonders and is quite customizable. It turned my LFG channel from a very bad Las Vegas strip full of advertisements and trash talk into something I can actually read and use. :smiley:

I think it will help you far more than appealing to Activision/Blizzard will.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I feel like people who are saying this on the forums are either over reacting, or are just getting annoyed over the littlest things. Yes I have some people on ignore, but enough to fill my ignore list on multiple character? Not even close.

I have been playing only my boosted character for the most part during the pre-patch. Maybe its my server, but I have not had a single person just randomly /spit me or be toxic to me in anyway because I’m boosted.

2 Likes

Does it really bother people that much? I usually just ignore it.

Or in one case laugh because the guy wrote it out s/pit so it didn’t even work.

5 Likes

It is extremely childish, but isn’t there an addon to give you unlimited ignores? Coulda swore I saw someone talk about it recently. If it exist, just get that and the ignore everyone.

global ignore list

my own team spits on me all the time b4 the bg begins and i don’t even have a boosted mount. then again there are times when people see me and do /cheer too

1 Like

Thank you.

Op just get that addon and then you can /ignore to your hearts content.

I get a chuckle out of it and I just came back to play after a year or so break and bought a boost.

1 Like

I spit on da fake queen

/spit

5 Likes

Something else will just be made, im sorry but grow thicker skin, people are cruel, crass animals. Good luck and try and keep your soul clean.

5 Likes