Ban the /spit emote weakaura and addon

Automatically spamming spit because you don’t like something IS being a baby. What don’t you trolls understand about this?

1 Like

How does it hurt you in the slightest?

OK but are we talking about RP right now or the topic of people harassing others? No one cared about the /spit emote in recent memory until people started misusing it.

To everyone saying stop being a crybaby and/or grow some balls. You don’t have to be offended by something to know it’s wrong and shouldn’t be happening. Blizzard shouldn’t allow people to misuse ingame mechanics to harass other players.

Just /hug them after they do it. Showing that you aren’t bothered by it is the best way to deal with toxic players.

Either that, or I’m pretty sure there is a way to disable emotes in chat.

So you cry on a forum about something that doesn’t actually harm you in any way?

It’s no wonder we have a generation of stupid people who get offended by waking up in the morning.

1 Like

Have a solution for you, don’t mount on your dumb RMT mount and perhaps you won’t get spit on and camped. Until then you will be spit on continuously and you will be camped.

5 Likes

Or, ya know, you could get over it and stop being butthurt yourself.

Look at the thread and look at responses like yours. Even the people /spit’ing on players arent calling for thier removal from the platform lmao. The people who call for these types of actions against others are the real bullies here.

2 Likes

People being that offended and triggered for someone buying something from a game they love is equally as bad as someone being offended and triggered for using an emote that has no animation.

The only thing making their actions worse is that they are publicly calling for bans.

1 Like

Don’t like it? Level a toon properly and stop QQ.

11 Likes

Rogues just cant use the blind w/o the /spit. Stop nerfing rogues!

So you’re saying Blizzard needs to ban themselves for implementing /spit into the game?
Your Post will be gray soon™

You could look at it like the people using /spit are harassing other players which is in fact against the rules for the game. Just because something is minor or you might not be effected by it doesn’t mean it’s not against the rules.

Will blizzard do anything about it? Nope

Should people be misusing the emote? Nope

Should I be working right now? Nope, it’s lunch time

I mean there is a difference between not wanting people with bad gear in your group and spitting on them because they bought a boost.

One is childish, the other is normal. Should the addon be banned? I don’t think it should be.

I’m just pointing out that calling others snowflakes or to stop crying is hypocritical AND toxic. Also, it DOES effect me when people perpetuate things that are inherently pointless and toxic to the overall community. It’s one thing to actually type of /spit, or even make a macro to do so but to write a LUA script that does this automatically is the epitome of petty narcissistic garbage and if you think that’s RP or something that belongs in the game (but boosts don’t) you are an even bigger hypocrite.

1 Like

“My ignore list is maxed out on all toons…”

I have been playing this game since 2004 and my ignore list on my main has zero entries. For that matter, all of my toons have zero entries.

Maybe it’s not the other people who are toxic?

3 Likes

Sure, but thats just it. Its minor and people are calling for what equates to imprisonment in WoW terms or a “ban” for a traffic ticket.

One day ban with a reason given is a good way to get people’s attention. If you don’t inconvenience someone they wont learn or listen. I.e. You can tell a child all day to stop doing X as it’s not Y. But until you take away or do Z they will continue to do X.

OP you can turn off emotes in your chat tab. right click your chat tab, go to settings, find the emotes option and uncheck the box. you can customize your chat in every way in this area.

also there are add ons which add infinite ignore list, Bad Boy is one of them. However it sounds like simply turning off emotes using my first suggestion will help you.

I agree it’s tasteless but this is a MMO, just like in real world you have all types of people. Imagine people in real life giving everyone the middle finger randomly OFTEN. Don’t think they would like the consequences. The game environment provides a way for them to act like children. But that is the way it is. Turn it off in chat tab.

I just hit them with my /lol
macro.

1 Like

I don’t believe you understand what the word offended means. A more appropriate word to describe my feelings are annoyed with (admittedly) a splash of condescension. Whereas OP is crying on forums for bans I’m merely taking in game actions within the rules to make my displeasure with the actions of certain players known to them. From there they can either stop using their store mount or keep using it and continuously get camped/spit on, the ball is in their court.

1 Like