Why Was /Spit removed?

It was removed because there’s a decent chunk of players that would spam it at people as a form of harassment to try to make them feel bad for buying store mounts, or playing certain races.

Those same people would tell people to ‘get thicker skin’ but at the same time you will see them really upset at the removal of said emote, which tells you all you need to know about them. :wink:

2 Likes

Blizzard remove /spit so that it stops the spread of infectious diseases on Azeroth. You’ll out here complaining about this and that when they really just wanted to ensure our safety.

this lol, like the special snowflakes that reported my post for “harassment”

another of endless gaslight topics from the same small bunch of posters and their alts

I’ll take ‘things that didn’t happen for 400, Alex’

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/n6u4to/must_have_weakaura_that_automatically_spits_on/ First result, quite easy to disprove you. If you want more, I could probably go dig at Asmon telling people to do it too. :3

1 Like

People who play offensive RPG where you kill animal babies for money and xp probably should stay away if offensive emotes from other players are making them upset. Grow up seriously. How do they survive in real life?

It was removed because toxic people would abuse it and make others feels uncomfortable. People need to check their behavior

That’s right! Thanks for reminding me, been a few years since I did the quest

Asmongold did say to spit on them. Skip to 58:20 in this video:

The context for his animosity toward store mounts and people who buy them is established at 57:37.

Because of the cash shop. Players were using the emote to try to shame other players for buying mounts off of the cash shop because this game has a sub fee AND a pretty robust cash shop.

This ^

Some people got offended, and in today’s world, that’s enough for it to go

Just use another emote, they can’t get rid of them all.

The roleplayers would RIOT.

Not like FF14 has a cash shop AND a sub fee too…

1 Like

I don’t remember saying anything about FF14. It’s BS in FF14, too. Are you trying to put an argument in my mouth that I never made?

1 Like

If I remember correctly… Asmongold did it.

because Lawsuit made them to remove /spit.

Good, some people complain that WoW does it but give FF14 a pass.

1 Like

The people that went to FF14 were revenge-gamers that were mad at WoW. As I said before, revenge gaming does not work, and the FF14 trend died off soon after it started. After that it was New World and some other game I don’t even remember that turned out to be an unmitigated disaster.

2 Likes

Because some people are fragile. Honestly… Spit? That offends someone? Out of literally any of the other actually offensive things in this world /spit got to them… My assumption is too many people got /spit on after getting ganked in pvp and it tilted them or something idk.

I believe Asmongold has taken credit for this, as his large number of followers would constantly spam spit on anyone riding a store mount, thus potentially making folks think twice about buying them. The timing was suspicious on that.

Moral of the story: Be toxic all you want so long as it doesn’t hit Bobby’s revenue figures…