Ban tanks from rated solo shuffle

Naw, TANKS have no place in rated arenas. Sure, tank a rbg but thats about as far as you should go. Now, go slay some dragons. Go be usefull and not a pest. Be gone :wink:

4 Likes

Why do community council members always have the absolute worst takes?

5 Likes

Friends don’t let friends Belf.

OK DUDE we get it your a troll.

3 Likes

Yes, because its not like this druid specifically has had 99.99999% of my gametime since woltk and has also played all 4 specs since. The >5000g I spent on respeccing doesn’t mean anything.

then why are u playing guardian instead of feral/boom/resto? All viable

2 Likes

idk prot warrior with that stupid charge that makes u sprint further than usain bolt and sendin everyone flying to africa is probably the most fun thing in arenas atm

1 Like

bad players need a crutch

If you don’t want to play with tank, then go and play a healer.

i do, i don’t want other people to have to be forced into queueing into/with tanks and having terrible experiences in this game lol

1 Like

i have a terrible experience everytime i queue into a druid or rogue what do i do with that

classic poster, opinion discarded

4 Likes

see even now the druid ruins my wow experience by shifting and avoiding my posts.

pottery

1 Like

We are already seeing the intersection of the problems with the leaver penalty and tanks. I sincerely believe that you’d run into fewer tanks if the pools were merged. If the format didn’t completely change and you still had healers when tanks queued in, they would be generally less successful (tanks generally need kind of specific comps to be actually oppressive in regular 3s) and the matches would be less frustrating, so less people would leave them.

More people are queueing tanks and more people will continue to queue tanks because this format is exponentially easier to climb with as a tank. You have a literal advantage over everyone else that matchmade into your match, because you and the other tank are the only ones who knew that you were queueing into tank shuffle instead of healer shuffle. Matches being more of a toss up means that you don’t have to be as good at your tank spec to actually climb.

The two issues are compounding themselves.

1 Like

I’ve gotten gladiator twice and 2700 as boomy and one gladiator as feral. Its a videogame, if I feel like making a novel guardian build and pushing to 2800cr with other 2700xp mglads with it, I shouldn’t be punished by either Blizzard or the player base for using the games own mechanics.

Blizzard allows it, its apart of the game, so until they change it, stop pearl clutching and let people play the game. I’ve elected not to play anymore over my situation, so its not my problem.

This is the crux of the issue imo. More people are going to queue tanks because of tank shuffle formatting. You don’t actually have to be good at a tank spec to queue in and benefit from it. Especially in the non-prot paladin tank shuffle pseudobracket. 9 times out of 10, your use of group support buttons are not going to make the difference in the match without a healer. You can just spam queues with toss up matches and steadily climb knowing that you are always going to be facing other tank comps with no healers.

If Blizzard didn’t intend on making tank builds viable in arenas, they wouldn’t let them queue.
If you don’t like that they’re viable, don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Really any spec is just a variation of a damage/healing/cc/migitation equation. Fotm builds just takes advantage of optimal or higher overall statted variations of this equation. Tank builds irritate high xp players more because the mitigation variable is usually a lot higher than baseline which breaks a lot of cc burst setups.

1 Like

wrong, you should be punished. Same with players who use exploits in pvp games, yes it’s the devs fault, but still the player is scum for abusing it

5 Likes

huh

“I don’t understand all the game mechanics but I deserve to climb”

People clearly enjoy playing tanks, learn the game in it’s entirety or be stuck at 1600 in shuffle 4ever :yum:

Same. It’s different from the traditional 3v3 paradigm and I get why that’s bothersome to people. But not all that different from playing double dps 2s. I think I prefer it over sitting around waiting on queue. And from my experience, the better players still usually win, I’m not seeing bad players getting any big advantage.