Ban tanks from rated solo shuffle

Its not abuse to play a tank spec in arenas… Your false sense of morality on what people play in pvp is a large part of the toxicity that drives players away and is slowly killing the arena community.

Its unlikely that solo shuffle is a new idea from Blizzard, this could’ve been on their idea board since personal rating came out. Who’s to say its only getting the development steam now because of low participation?

The m+ player who mains tank (apparently already a rarity) might only feel comfortable starting out pvp as a tank and I fall under the opinion that arenas needs more participation, not less. The more aspects that players participate in WoW, the more likely they are to keep playing.

I agree that no tank build should be viable to rank 1, but that’s not the player base’s fault no matter what. The guardian comp I ran was only expected to be viable to 2100, genuinely. It was so ridiculously powerful that I was at 2884cr and 3100mmr before even finishing gladiator wins. The theorycrafting done in 2s matches with an affy warlock which was a fun challenge to 2400cr.

1 Like

yeah if some pver wants to hop into ques with his brewmaster and have fun that is obviously fine. What happens in reality and what we are discussing is people see how gross guardian/prot is and reroll it to abuse while it lasts. A casual pvper who mains pve content is not gonna be a BIS for arena venthyr guardian abusing a 30 second immune to everything window to score cheese wins

Agreed, ban tanks. They’re toxic and most of them are carried by the tank spec.

4 Likes

What is the complain really?

Tank games are too fast?
Tank do too much damage and are unkillable?
Tank are unbalanced between each other?

What about healer games?
Healer games are too slow?
Healer are unbalanced between each other?

Dang cub you’re still going on tanks that’s crazy.

Luckily for me my highest cr in slands was a disc priest wipes sweat off brow :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Nice job but still doesn’t change the fact that tanks being able to queue in rated arenas is toxic and the people that do it are scum.

Rbgs are the only place a tank belongs when it comes to rated pvp

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

IDK BRO, RESTO DRUID PLAYERS SEEM PRETTY TOXIC

Good thing I’m a disc player.

Who’s a better disc player though :o?

Never said I was better but I’m sticking to tanks being toxic and scum players. :wink:

1 Like

So are you actually a cub?

Are you actually a degenerate!

Nevermind, I already know the answer

I’m a toxic brat but I own it :smiling_face:

Good for you. Proud you acknowledge it. That’s better than most

You never answered my question tho :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Which one, :clown_face:

Are you a cub of course

Nope, feel better

Then why name yourself that :C?

edit no :peanuts:

Your post right there just proved the crux of why posters in this thread REALLY are upset about. It’s about certain tank specs like prot war and guadian who have more damage/utility than the others. (Prot war apparently was nerfed on beta but the notes don’t make it easy to tell how)

Arena players only have an actual problem when it runs counter to their dps cooldowns and their burst. There’s no reason that a smart dps can’t kill the average tank minus guardian because apparently covenant abilities are still useable. I’ve seen plenty of matches where good dps ALWAYS wins.

And to the player who said you don’t have to be good at tank to win or basically not even know your class, I’d call HUGE BS on that front. A tank who knows their kit and how to use will be a huge help to their teammates. And the unknowledgeable will simply fold super quick due to lack of smart usage of cooldowns.

1 Like