Ban SPY BOT

I’ve played since '07 and I just learned of it.

So it must not have impacted you much. Now that you know it exist you might feel an urge to blame any failure on it though. Resist that urge.

Project ID 19430

Created May 26, 2009

Updated 6 days ago

Total Downloads 1,589,669
I am not sure, Was Vanilla 2009?

How do you know they didn’t read the Combat log and see UdpwnzXXX has entered stealth after you rode up on your 60% Mount
Maybe try using stealth instead of riding around the country side on ole blanchy.

2 Likes

All the add on does is make players more cautious. It does not give away your position. All you have to do is be a bit more strategic in your approach.

Rogues shouldn’t have free reign to sneak up and nuke people anyway.

2 Likes

When I play a rogue on a pvp server I dont use a mount out in the game world and Im only out of stealth when I think im alone or near faction members.

Yes they should and so should feral druids

Why should they?

I agree. And we do… Even when people use Spy.

If you play the way you claim, then Spy really isn’t causing any problems for you. Look elsewhere for improvement, or chuck it up to bad luck.

Thats just the class design, its all about openers and stuns. If a warrior gets his hands on me. Im gonna get crushed with overpower. Rogues combat is about keeping control.

Is this true? All these “Spy existed in vanilla” people are completely full of sh*t?

Dont you two dare take this away from them …

Class Information

Rogues often initiate combat with a surprise attack from the shadows, leading with vicious melee strikes. When in protracted battles, they utilize a successive combination of carefully chosen attacks to soften the enemy up for a killing blow. Rogues must take special care when selecting targets so that their combo attacks are not wasted, and they must be conscious of when to hide or flee if a battle turns against them.

This is taken directly from the WoW website. This is why Spy is against the spirit of Vanilla.

How can it be a surprise attack if an add on alerts the mark of a stealth?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/classes/rogue

2 Likes

Blizzard obviously doesn’t care about their players or how they are affected, else Multi-boxing, spy and other unfair addons would of been banned many years ago. There’s nothing we can do if the company hosting the game simply doesn’t give a damn.

Sure it is. But other Addons similar to spy existed in vanilla. I think the most notable is ‘Call to Arms’ if I remember correctly. Also plenty others existed that make a list of enemies you can click on. And honestly that is the most useful part of Spy. Just the list of enemy names to click. Not the stealth alert that all the rogues are freaking out about.

The website tells it all. Go to the left side and read it.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/spy

God, that’s hilarious. These people are literally just making things up to justify their addon crutch.

2 Likes

If you are convinced that easily then either:

• You should be more skeptical
  • Rosemrysbaby is your Alt and you are having a conversation with yourself

Not sure which.

The same info she quoted is available in that link right there. You can stop trying to gaslight people into believing Spy was in vanilla, now.

I already replied to you confirming I don’t think Spy specifically existed in vanilla. But similar addons did.

But if you feel the need to continue to cherry pick information, I cannot stop you.