Ban SPY BOT

Then spy shouldn’t be allowed, only the similar addons that had been present during vanilla.

u can also set your pet to aggressive and have it do the same without spy

Well, a pet class would have that right. I have no issue with using the game mechanics to their fullest, as long as it’s what was actually going on in Vanilla. Except multi-boxing. In my opinion, MBers should be banned and then launched out of a cannon, but that’s just my personal opinion. xD

People still use Spybot? I thought everyone switched to Malware Bytes a long time ago.

Ahh Mbam is amazing, I love it lol.

So you would be fine renaming the AddOn. That seems like a very superficial complaint.

Would love to see it go and let the baddies play without the cheats.

How exactly is it a cheat and where were your tears in retail…Do you know how to play a rogue? or are you another one who watched some youtube montages and thought hey cool I can steamroll over everyone else. Only to realize the problem is you and not an addon.

Spy addon is awesome, everyone should download it Today.

Okay, so how did you know said character’s name if you didn’t see them in the game without spy?

I’ve been playing a vanilla rogue for 3 years and this is the first time I’ve thought about rerolling to something different class because this a class breaking addon in pvp for rogues. You don’t understand how often you might have to restealth in just 1 fight. Vanish will trigger Spy as well I believe. If people know you’re around, you’re screwed. Yeah you can still get the jump but people will be expecting it. Kinda defeats the point, doesn’t it?

No.

“Spy”, the add-on by that exact name, did not exist in Vanilla.

VanasKoS could detect people farther away and target them in combat, and did.

It was the exact same kind of add-on and did the exact same things.

Came out about 4 months into Vanilla.

its super weird to me how this add-on that has been around in one form or another since the game launched is suddenly JUST NOW breaking rogues.

Weird.

So by your theory, Bartender shouldn’t exist… but some other rando bar mod from 15 years ago should

Even though they do the exact same thing.

Huh. Thats an interesting take.

No.

People wanted no changes and removing Spy would cause changes so it shouldn’t be removed.

I agree with this.

No one used it on private servers. I don’t think it even existed. Also, I played rogue during actual vanilla and I never heard of it back then either. Don’t bother trying to look up my characters tho, I sold the account for money before I went to college.

If it did exist in actual vanilla, it probably didn’t work like it does now and it surely wasn’t as widely used as it is now. Just because something existed back then didn’t mean it should exist now either. Classic is not no changes there’s tons of examples of that ie we’re playing on the legion client lol.

Yeah… It is weird.

He just wants Spy to be renamed Radar so it matches the vanilla addon.

I guess that could happen. But it seems like a superficial gripe.

The only reason I say this is because the newer addons have additional features that the old school addons did not have. Which is changing the classic experience, at least in my opinion.

lets get rid of gold sellers and actual bots and not worry about addons fcs

But the things the add-ons do were always supported.

They were possible in Vanilla. In fact, the Classic API is actually way more restricted than Vanilla… there are no play-for-you macros, etc.

Just because someone didn’t take advantage of those API hooks in Vanilla doesn’t mean they werent there. It means people werent as familiar with them.

You cant put the genie back in the bottle.

Just like people cant un-learn how to one-shot MC in greens with sub-60s.

And while im at it, i will AGAIN point out that everything this mod does can be replicated with a 2nd combat log window and a mouseover macro.

And was always possible, as far back as the Vanilla beta.