Ban spy addon users

its two rogues for the most part and one of them is a troll on behalf of the rest of rogues spy doesnt hurt us

4 Likes

what is this aim bot addon you speak of?

1 Like

aim bot is a program that aims you mouse pointer in fps games to show you where players are its used in fortnight alot as well.

I realize that it would be difficult to break without impacting many other useful and appropriate addons but if Blizzard can limit it to Spy somehow, great.

What’s with the “child” comment? Are you suggesting that you’re mature relatively speaking? Feel free to debate me on this issue but spare me your trite insults, super star.

3 Likes

Rogues kick my butt in PvP, and even I agree with them on this one. If people want to spot rogues before they gank them, they should be perceptive enough to check their combat logs in contested zones. SPY isn’t a hack, but it does make staying alive in dangerous zones far easier than it should be. Plainly put, Rogues, as the kings of open world PvP, should FORCE people to be alert or to travel in groups. Why do you think STV has such an infamous reputation? Taking away Rogues biggest selling point, namely their ability to strike first, destroys the aesthetic of the class and makes them look weak and pathetic.

3 Likes

From my perspective, it’s not about trying to get an advantage over another player who does not use the addon.

It takes away from hunters and their tracking ability and makes you more wary of rogues. I prefer more cat and mouse game play out in the world… hunting prey or evading.

Spy does take away from that quite a bit.

2 Likes

Hunter tracking shows the exact location of the rogue if they’re in visible distance (hunter level +6 for track hidden).

The addon just lets you know there is a rogue somewhere in a 200yd radius around you, while 200yds isn’t that much, the area of the circle is a considerable amount of real estate, the hunter still has a massive advantage.

I rogue just fine.

2 Likes

It really is a completely broken addon, especially as horde rogues dealing with perception. Most alliance players are human, and spy makes getting the drop on them extremely challenging.

This addon absolutely is Bull****

3 Likes

Okay, let’s just remove fear from your class.

Addon or not that’s basically the equivalent here.

1 Like

#1 addon Pallys, Warriors don’t care about: Spy

Built for rogues, and exposes bad players more often than not.

Look up how to emulate Spy addon using com at log. Easy to replicate.

1 Like

Okay, then make the players do it. I guarantee you the usage you’re claiming simply will not happen. Not even at 10% the level spy brings it to.

Hey hey hey… Lets not get ban happy here man; yes that addon is ridiculous and YES if you want to PVP at the same level as the people who have that addon you MUST install it.

Because if you don’t have spy you don’t have arena frames, you don’t have easy targeting you don’t have pseudo hunter tracking…

Contrary to what the forums tell you tho, the only thing that Spy did back in TBC (when it came out I think this is when it came out) Was provided you stat tracking on players you killed… Later they added little broadcasts (mostly cosmetics)…

The arena frames stuff and location data is new to me, Spy did not do this stuff back when I used it before.

Banning the addon or some of its features; SURE, this I am fine with but banning people for using it… no way dude…

PS you’re a hunter too, it’s in your best interest to use it.

1 Like

It’s bullshi and anyone who says it isn’t is using it and deserves a permaban. As a rogue, I’ve watched multiple people follow me in stealth for hundreds of yards, clearly knowing exactly where I am despite being outside of detection range, and then attack me.

Any spy add or add on that auto detects enemy players needs to be banned asap. Blizzard is knowingly allowing exploitation to occur and doesn’t care if people quit in droves. They want to say “you think you did but you didn’t”.

2 Likes

Guess they need to ban their own combat log then

Rogues in stealth doing zero abilities to warrant being on the combat log appear on SPY. It is exploiting far more than a combat log. Now you know.

It doesn’t circumvent the game, hunter tracking, detect greater invis, paranoia, goggles, perception, all increase stealth detection.

Maybe they weren’t even following you, it’s a common thing to think people are following you when they’re not.

But no, spy will not magically show you were a stealthed player is and let you target them

Following me up a mountain, turn left, jump up a cliff, down the mountain, into a house, second story, jump out the balcony, back into the house, into the basement.

It would be literally 1 in a billion the player followed me accidentally multiple times like that. It’s cheating. No need to defend them just because you like to cheat too.

1 Like

Are they hunters / warlocks doing so? If so you don’t need spy for that.

I can track rogues easily, even if the rogue re-stealth’s I can send my pet after them right before they do so and just follow the pet because he’s already locked on.

The only way you can clear that is by using vanish (even while stealthed will work).

I do agree Spy needs to be either banned or nerfed harshly… We should not have access to Arena frames or pseudo tracking like that, but it is what it is… The only thing you can do is are the following…

1. Be less predictable AKA don’t run straight in the same direction of travel after vanish.

2. don’t ride up to a situation mounted and then “stealth” and expect people not to know you’re there… If you stay in stealth excluding when you strike you cannot be detected by spy unless you get close enough for a player to detect you.

Again, yes I agree Spy is bullcrap but knowing how it works and what you can do is half the battle.

Should spy be banned? YES

Should the player who presently uses it be banned? NO…

Thanks.

2 Likes

then they could see you, like I said, spy CANNOT circumvent the game, it cannot target someone in stealth, if you stealthed outside the combat log range it cannot know you are there until the person can see you.