Bad news for solo and world players

As a solo / world player, this doesn’t actually bother me. I have been able to help kill some of the assault bosses and received a few pieces of gear. From the catalyst, I mostly want the appearances anyway.

1 Like

No guts, no glory.

So, does that mean it won’t even be possible to get the LFR tier colors from the catalyst then? Considering LFR is like 405 ilvl?

Or god forbid low mythic dungeons. Oh the horror!
You don’t need the stuff in raid and keys to do world content.

Even world content is harder to push you to stop soloing.

It’s a massive (MULTIPLAYER) online game.

With end game geared to socialize or die should have been the big neon clue. But solos gonna solo dispite constant evidence to the fact solo isn’t the intention to play wow. Group content is. Why it has a longer shelf life.

People can disagree with my statement but blizz doing this shows it’s truth

And it doesn’t require you to join a group/raid either. Just do what 99% of the players present are doing and kill what the mob of other players are killing. You will easily complete it without having to do that nasty “group” thing.

2 Likes

Oh no the MMORPG is requiring people to play with each other to get better rewards! What a tragedy…

Holding aside any arguments about whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, isn’t this exactly how the catalyst worked in season 1?

1 Like

then these people can join LFR and get teir set. This tier is a cake walk I went in for fun and everytime we basically one shot the boss. I have no idea what I was doing same with others.

Pretty much. Every version of the catalyst has had a minimum quality or ilvl required to convert.

1 Like

I’d be pretty surprised if champion gear wasn’t eligible.

I wouldn’t freak out just yet though.

Could easily have been a bug that was causing it to “appear” like it wasn’t eligible.

I’d wait for it to roll out officially.

Fyrakk assault gear. The Suffused stuff.

Yes it is. Suffused gear is equal to Primal gear.

Can you give me an example of when players doing the most trivial content in the game could get their raid tier?

Every instance of the catalyst prior to this one?

Also they still can, it’s just arbitrarily a single set of items for each armour class instead of other items that can be higher ilvl and also come from world content.

Blood dks don’t count! :joy:

Basically gods in world pve

But that’s what it was season one. It was only the Primal set. Nothing else.

I stand corrected then, I still think that’s personally dumb when you have things like the skyless set from heroic dungeon chests and researchers event which goes up to 437.

Especially because it’s still possible to get 437 tier without ever doing player made group content, you’ve just gotta fish catalyzables out of timewalking boxes and buy your armour class’s respective raid BoE.

They made it the gear from the “hardest” outdoor content with the heaviest hitting elites. Just like the Storms Fury and Primal storms elites.

To me it makes sense: the biggest challenge can get you a chance at tier. Just like raiding or M+.

As someone who does primarily this open world content, this is basically what I asked for: a way for us to get tier that wasn’t trivial and a good upgrade system. I got both. And my friends and guildies love it, too.

I have no issues if people think it should be a different way that makes sense. My issue is with the OP who wants BfA style back, where you sneezed on one mob and the WQ handed you a titanforged Heroic piece. That, to me, was not how anyone should get high ilevel nor tier. But the OP never wants to do anything but kill an easy mob and be handed the highest stuff. That I dislike.

People AFK the Researchers and get gear. People AFK half of the Heroic dungeons and get gear. To me, that is absolutely valid that those pieces can’t be turned into tier.

1 Like

I guess that’s a valid interpretation, and I respect it. I just think the fact those items aren’t also the ones from that genre of content that can be upgraded to the highest is a little off.

I have a character that’s never stepped into a mythic dungeon or a raid that wasn’t LFR and it’s wearing pieces of 437 gear, yet the highest ilvl tier it can get is 424?

2 Likes

And don’t forget that you can get enchanted wyrms crests from the vault after doing LFR, so there’s your ultimate BLP/deterministic gearing system.

Yes that’s precisely what I’m doing. What confuses me is that doesn’t extend to tier because the catalyst won’t let me use the 437 items I’ve managed to acquire and upgrade using actual crests (Besides crafted, those not making tier at least makes sense) and instead makes me use equally RNGd 424s.

2 Likes