Bad news for solo and world players

Based upon PTR reports and the accidental preview of the Revival Catalyst we got today, the only world gear that is eligible to be catalyzed is the “Suffused” gear from the Fyrrak Assaults.

Veteran and Champion gear from various events and activities in the Zaralek Caverns is not eligible, regardless of item level and upgrade status. (You can officially stop doing ZC now.)

The Champion gear from doing the Heroic dungeons weekly quest is not eligible either. (You can officially stop doing dungeons now.)

This is bad because:
—Fyrrak Assault elites and bosses are not soloable. The weekly quests can be soloed but are not the main source of gear.
—Suffused gear typically has a lower item level than rewards from Tier 4 Researchers event and Heroic dungeon weekly.
—Suffused gear is entirely dependent on RNG, which was not the case for SL Season 3 Sandworn gear or DF Season 1 Storm gear. You might easily go this whole season without completing your set.

All Veteran and Champion gear should be catalyzable. And the Fyrrak Assaults need to be tuned for solo players and have a gear vendor. Otherwise, this is going to be the worst iteration of the Catalyst for solo, world, and casual players thus far.

158 Likes

Oh no I have been thinking about that and kept all loot in the bank because i dont know what will count towards it, I had hoped that i could use the 415 base item level gear to transform them in to normal raid tier sets :unamused:

13 Likes

Well this is a bit :poop:

32 Likes

Yes they are

But really I’d be amazed if it stayed that way

6 Likes

Spoiler warning, ffs.

3 Likes

To be fair only Hero gear should be allowed in the catalyst.

17 Likes

Hunters and Tanks with good self sustain (like Blood DK) can solo an Elite Mob or two in a Fyrakk assault. Bosses generally aren’t solo’d anyway.

6 Likes

Iv said it before, if your doing world stuff why do you need tier gear, just to kill mobs ? You can do that in greens

26 Likes

If you’re talking about farming Wyrm crests from vault tokens, there are no vault options for solo and world content, and it would be quite an insane grind to do LFR every week just for tokens while skipping the gear.

And even then, the 437 gear would still not be catalyzable if it’s from ZC or the Heroic weekly!

Yes. This is clearly yet another downgrade to accessibility with the intent of pushing more solo and casual players into LFR.

39 Likes

So they can kill more of them, faster. So they can travel the world with impunity. So that they can feel powerful in a dangerous world where power is a key goal of the game.

89 Likes

Gonna have to do harder content for power

11 Likes

I would hold onto everything just in case WoW devs haven’t lost their minds and the Catalyst simply isn’t finished yet.

If the 415 items are Suffused or actual M+ or raiding gear, they should be fine.

But there are a lot of players with Researchers or Heroic dungeon weekly 415+ pieces that are going to be disappointed.

6 Likes

Yep. It’s really dumb. Less ppl will stick with the game. Less ppl will dip their toes in raids or M+

Even static groups and guilds will eventually bleed players and critical roles like tanks and healers. And the pool of players to recruit from will shrink again. That means less “good” players too.

The bucket will be leaky again and the tiny drip of players coming into that bucket will leave in boredom and frustration from being behind. And excluded. Rerolls will be painful for guilds with people willing to switch roles will take more time to catch up.

Disable tier outside of raids. And go back to an Azerite mechanic. Just make it account wide with a catch up so people can be upto speed within a week.

Raid or die. M+ or die in 2023 is bigPhailure.

Either tier needs to be raid exclusive and very hard to get and disabled outside of raids. Or it needs to be ubiquitous.

27 Likes

You can’t kill rares, Caldera elites, and Assault elites in greens.

Some players want to do more than throw nets at snails (which is fun, but not the only world activity).

28 Likes

Just like you can’t easily solo raids/dungeons at level.

I don’t know where this expectation that all world content is therefore solo content came from, but it’s unsupported by the history of the game.

11 Likes

shrug

I won’t miss it if I don’t get it, I don’t play in a way where I feel like I really appreciate the set bonuses properly.

1 Like

poor casual players. only 4 ilvl below mythic raiders.

13 Likes

So if we are using our reseachers gear and upgraded it to 224. And we queue normal or lfr… and we can only greed roll…

We are hosed even if we are joining premades and doing the content.

This is a pretty bad patch for wow lol.

13 Likes

That’s not how that works.

The dupe protection requires it to be the same itemID, so only raid gear will prevent you from rolling on raid gear

5 Likes

I don’t mind dipping into LFR for stuff if I’m interested. As long as I can queue for it and get in in a reasonable amount of time.

But I agree by assaults being overtuned. Luckily I haven’t done one yet where I was all by myself for very long if at all.

3 Likes