Bad news for solo and world players

Overall I’m pretty happy with the way gearing my toon has gone this time around.

I get to do more of the stuff I like to do when I get to play.

Before I had to set time aside to do group stuff to the detriment of everything else.

I like what we have now much better than before.

Hands and chest are but the head and shoulders are champion stuff from world events.

Yes it can, I’m at the catalyst looking at my stuff right now.

1 Like

I went to the catalyst last week just to poke around and was able to click it and the UI opened up. I was only able to put the suffused items in.
I went back Vald and told everyone in trade chat what I saw, but I get the feeling nobody cared or something.

I went back today because I got the quest and It let me put the chest piece I’m currently wearing in it. It’s not suffused.

Once I saw it took suffused items though I saved up a whole set. So we see what happens once it actually goes live.

I don’t mind this. I don’t like it when a system gets convoluted and Fyrrak Attacks/Assaults are more fun than ZC, imo.

I like ZC, the quests and stuff but I don’t like being down there for long. Not sure why, probably because underground and that bugs me irl and apparently ingame as well but that’s me.

Anyway, FA’s are fun so I’m good with this. Less stuff to remember and keep track of.

2 Likes

I don’t know how low it goes but I have 2 pieces of 402 loot in my bags that will convert to tier, so it’s set pretty low.

I don’t see it being too much of an issue. It’ll be 4 weeks before we have enough charges to build a 4 set anyway so between the Assault and the World boss, most people will at least have a 2 set running. I haven’t checked for myself yet but I am currently wearing 4 suffused pieces and have a world boss piece in my bags.

Agreed 100%

If anything, just to avoid confusion.

2 Likes

ohh I love the fyrakk assaults.

They are the closest we’ve ever had to what I envision a fantasy war would look like.

Dragons flying over head breathing fire down on us, mages and spell casters trying to fry us from behind Never knowing which way certain death will come from. It’s great fun. For me anyway. That’s my kind of group content.

Am I really the only one that thinks it’s silly that the bad guy/gal I went after in that dungeon or raid stands patiently waiting for my group to whack all his henchman right in front of him?

They even wait for us to get ready and to strike first.

That’s fine with me. I like doing them. I have heaps of suffused gear on multiple characters.

I’ve never once been in a group to kill these mobs. There are just always people around helping each other out.

I haven’t really done a lot of the researchers event anyway because it’s not very fun. So oh well. And I don’t really do heroic dungeons all that much. Because I like to do solo and world stuff, which is who you addressed this thread to. So why bring it up?

This is stupid. Catalyst should just work on any non crafted item from 405 ilvl upwards because that’s the lowest ilvl tier drops in Lfr.

4 Likes

You keep screwing players over and they’ll just play something else.

10 Likes

Eh, tier has always been available for converting with the catalyst above a certain ilvl threshold.

At least all champion track items should be able to be converted.

There’s zero reason skyless items shouldn’t be able to be catalyzed. Zero.

6 Likes

Either the Catalyst is bugged/unfinished, or people got their Champion gear from world bosses, M+, Timewalking cache, etc.

Because the only world gear that the Catalyst will take right now is Suffused, and the situation is the same on PTR.

The chest that you’re wearing right now is from a Normal raid boss. I suspect you got it from the Timewalking event if you don’t raid.

I didn’t realize the Fyrrak Assaults were so popular. I hardly ever see players doing them.

The reason I brought this up was because all gear from the new patch zone (with the exception of world boss gear) is intentionally excluded from the Catalyst, as well as the rewards from the new Heroic dungeon weekly.

…which has never worked on me. I just play less, with one eye on quitting.

Thank you.
Jeepers, how often does this have to be spelled out.

8 Likes

It’s too late,I tried to finish my set for months now and couldn’t it was gone.

1 Like

I both care and dont care.

On principle i think its a really bad decision. Fryakk gear is not any different from other world gear, and is extremely unreliable.
Ive even sold gear from it because i preferred the stats on my current gear.

On the other hand, i dont actually like tier sets. They make you play with specific talents and makes it less clear what is and isnt an upgrade.

Ive actually turned down tier gear from the vault because i would rather have the crests.

1 Like

I think if you don’t do content that has the ability to award wyrm crests then taking crests every week is the objectively correct choice.

It’s just a shame you won’t be able to turn the champion track items you upgrade with those crests into tier set.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that Veteran or higher should be able to be turned to tier regardless of source. LFR gear will most likely be able to be used in the catalyst and is veteran level, therefore all veteran or higher should work. If this change goes in, it may hint that Blizz is that truly desperate to get more players into LFR which would indicate that participation levels are far lower than they want.

Also, the Fyrakk assaults are a once a week thing, with the primal storm gear, you could at least, depending on costs, sometimes get 2 eligible pieces a week, and you had control over it, this is just RNG and you may get pieces that don’t count towards the set bonus.

2 Likes