Bad news for solo and world players

No, they are not “handicapped” for ilvl. they choose not to attempt to pursue higher ilvls. There’s a difference.

4 Likes

Blue colour best colour :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

It’s absolutely casual friendly. There are always people around and you can form or join a group— like we have been doing. And your upgrades are there to get. Do the content. Get the currency. Get the upgrade.

Raiding has nothing to do with the open world content nor the way you can upgrade your gear using casual content.

I literally just got three pieces from killing the boss and doing the quests. How much more per week do you need???

Give solo players the option to pursue higher iLvls through Horrific Visions or some kind of Torghast-like feature that drops gear.

Otherwise, all we have is climbing, photography, excrement-collecting, and flying through sparkle puffs for 376 gear—which is a downgrade over the 385/395 gear we got last patch.

If you don’t give players progression options that they are willing and able to do, they are going to leave the game.

4 Likes

So. One of the arguments used against me in the past was that “you’d be able to use the catalyst to get raid mogs”. I mean, I can understand it. It was like that for the S1 catalyst. So why wouldn’t it be like that for the S2 catalyst? But now you tell me that only suffused gear is eligible??? WTF?

We had restrictions on the S1 catalyst to be sure. But not like this. This is even more restrictive. Plus I’ve vendored all the suffused gear I’ve obtained in the past due to the fact that I had better gear already. If I had known about this, I would have at least kept it in the bank. And that’s without mentioning the extreme time-gates and RNG on obtaining stuffused gear.

This sucks. :frowning:

3 Likes

Keep in mind that being a solo player is a CHOICE. If you do not like the consequences of this choice, you are free to make a different one.

1 Like

God no. The last thing we need is you complaining it’s too hard. You’re the one that wants Heroic gear handed to you for killing one mob. You will never do harder content solo.

If you’re incapable of going out to Suffusion camps and just being around other people without joining a group… then I don’t know what to tell you. I have never once joined a group for the Suffusion camps and I’m on a low pop server. Yet I get mine done just fine.

Which proves to me you just don’t want to do the content.

Case in point right there. You don’t want to do what’s available. I do. And I enjoy it. As do all of my friends.

Your personal opinion is not how all of us feel. So stop speaking for others.

1 Like

At the end of the season i levelled a couple of alts to get them last minute 1800 pvp sets, and made the conscious decision to use my 6 charges of catalyst on forbidden reach 395 tier for appearance instead of doing 424 conquest tier for stats and did arenas in 395 gear for the elite set :joy:

The 6 charges max was definitely cruel for last minute alts

3 Likes

The game helps those who help themselves. Not many people will have sympathy for people who whine about not having things they make no attempt to obtain.

4 Likes

This is such a stupid argument. Gear is not a finite resource. Johnny McCasual getting a 447 drop does not take away Timmy LeTryhard and his super prestigious boss kill drops. Johnny McCasual doing his weekly quest and having a smidgen of an easier time during it is not taking away from Timmy LeTryhard’s DPS during prog and log. Johnny McCasual getting gear does not make loot vanish off raid boss for Timmy LeTryhard.

If Timmy LeTryhard’s only source of satisfaction and joy comes from having better gear than Johnny McCasual, Timmy LeTryhard is the pathetic one.

And functionally, why does Timmy LeTryhard need better gear? He beat the boss. If anything, more gear makes killing bosses easier thus lowering his prestige. Why is it ok for Timmy LeTryhard to get rewards making his chosen job easier but not Johnny McCasual?

Additionally, Blizzard could (and very much should) just make mythic raids stat template challenge modes with preset gear anyway. This way no life mythic raiding tryhards can just zone into a raid and prog and log and be on as equal footing from day 1 no matter if they are raiding with Method or Billy Bobs Bumpkins and reward nothing but a 5 point achievement credit for beating a mythic raid encounter challenge and by controlling all the variables, they can tune down to the literal individual number to ensure and demand absolute perfection.

21 Likes

I’m just getting very tired of people like the OP who end up making open world players look bad, because the OP keeps using all of us as their shield. I ain’t their shield.

Hilariously, they’re complaining it’s once a week and RNG. What do they think raid gearing is??

And since they loved BfA world quests so much, I absolutely know they’re the type that wants Heroic gear for killing one normal mob.

3 Likes

Well, they have access to the same PvP gear now as they did in BFA through war mode and bloody coins. It’s just that said gear is better for its intended purpose of being PvP gear than it was back then.

shudders violently

Thank god for DF pvp gearing honestly. Can’t even explain how far along its come since those dark days :joy: sparks of life + shadowflame sparks crafting for choosing own stats needs to never go away

2 Likes

Bravo!

Yes! X infinity!

Thank you!

I also want to be able to turn weird pieces into tier. For example, I want to be able to turn a wrist cover into a tier piece, and I want to be able to send tier rings to my alts so I can log in on them and get the bonus too at least the 2p version. It would be sick if you could get heirloom tier cloaks rings and necklaces so you can learn your rotation with your tier set while leveling + always have a low ilvl tier set just in case you accidentally disenchant your tier pieces and already used your recovery for the week. Also let levelers do M+ but cap it at 25 or so because people will just push too far before max level otherwise…And unlimited charges, who benefits from there being a limit on the amount of charges?

3 Likes

I’m a bit upset with tier sets nowadays tbh

I didn’t use to care that the effect changed every season because for pvp gear it was always something bland like +10% holy shock healing

But now having played evoker with instant living flame, and losing it this season, i’m kind of over tier set. Same for this season’s for hpal- i don’t even have 4 set yet and i already know losing holy prism generating holy power is really going to suck

I want to go back to having pvp sets in pvp and their effects not being build defining :sob: i genuinely dislike my evoker atm without it. I also wish they hadn’t disabled legacy tier sets on low level characters

4 Likes

I have the same complaint, I like to use old tier bonuses on my twink characters. I had a level 60 and I loved playing with that tier set, and now it’s gone forever. To be fair, I also hate the passage of time and want nothing to change once I’m having fun. The tier set doesn’t even work in timewalking now /angrygnome

The main thing is they keep reinventing the wheel for no reason. They will make a spec fun with a fun tier set then make the spec suck with a sucky tier set after.

4 Likes

Why should the only source of tier gear for open world players be from the poorest source of open world gear, in terms of content, item level, and acquisition odds?

Primal Storms being the source of tier gear in Season 1 for open world PvE players made sense. Zaralek Cavern activities and the Heroic dungeon weekly would make more sense for Season 2 than some assaults thrown into old zones.

If you don’t want tier bonuses as an open world player, then don’t catalyze.

Raid gearing is far superior in terms of obtaining tier sets than any other source in the game, by design.

You get free tier pieces without relying on the Catalyst, in addition to the fact that any non-tier piece can be catalyzed. Then the Great Vault lets you choose the best result from three RNG rolls.

With Suffused gear, you don’t get to choose the best from three rolls. You take the dupe and wait until next week.

No, I want to be taxied (while I AFK) into a field, where I can pet (not kill) a bunny loot piñata that dispenses Mythic item level gear with infinite bonus rolls to make sure I get all my sockets and tertiaries. Then, when I forget to loot, I want all that gear mailed to me. And I want a Catalyst toy so that I don’t have to fly all the way across Thaldraszus.

Just kidding, of course.

2 Likes

That sounds like fun actually.
I’ll take it.

If M+ players can over gear a key to the point its’s trivial and continue to get i440 gear this wouldn’t be much different really.

2 Likes

The strawmen arguments (about how lazy, entitled, or greedy non-raiders are) are getting so crazy that we might as well run with it.

WoW devs seem to have made PvE gearing easier this patch, and the PvE content itself is leniently tuned. They seem to be desperate to get those metrics up.

But the one thing that would really drive up the metrics to any content is to make is soloable or solo queued. Devs want those metrics while also imposing new rules on game design about everything requiring friction and social interaction.

Having to deal with premade groups, and the risk of getting kicked or called out at any time, is WoW’s single largest barrier to entry and most common quit point.

5 Likes