Bad news for solo and world players

Forbidden Reach gear is Primal gear. Which is the equivalency of the Suffused gear. So you’ll be able to get your mogs.

Ok. So this is really splitting hairs. I see your point however.

I spend 80% of my time doing solo stuff even tho I am very socially abled and even put together several successful Researchers Under Fired that tier4’d.

I still solo a lot. I don’t see what is wrong with solo stuff being upgradable to 411 and 411 stuff being able to be converted into tier. It would free me from doing lfr. And I could spend another hour pug healing normal premades… which would greatly benefit the community.

1 Like

champion gear can’t be catalyzed

reply 1: of course what do you expect?
reply 2: why wouldn’t it be this way?

why? how could you possibly come to the conclusion that champion should not be able to be catalyzed? it makes no sense

you could convert 385 open world pvp gear to tier last season
if you could convert 411 open world pvp gear this season (i don’t know if you can) wouldn’t that make no sense?
411 capped out piece vs 415 BASE piece of gear

where is the logic here

3 Likes

Are we ignoring that the rewards for this soloable content was greens and blues?

So are most WQs

3 Likes

Not really solo players treat this more like an RPG. They are in no rush to hit max level. They dont do group content. They are often your map explorers, rep/achievement hunters and mount farmers. Tend to always have loremaster titles ect ect. Like I said in my above post; I have a family member thats a solo player. He has over 800 mounts and gets Loremaster every expansion. He has never stepped foot in group content unless it was a world boss. But hes on Area52 so all he has to do is fly to the boss always others there.

Whats ironic is solo players get the most out of the game. They are often never bored. There is 18years of content here. They see it all. Mythic+ and Raiders poopsock their way to max level and miss soo much stuff that Blizzard put a lot of time into developing

7 Likes

Yeah none of this is still casual friendly it’s bad for the population even if im willing to accept this and roll with it being this way.

This is a super age old argument stemming from how raiding in legion was.

It’s like… 1/3rd the way better now. One great thing… is ilvl discounts for upgrading is account wide per slot now which is a major improvement. We still are sort of back in the same boat as legion/bfa overall. At least it’s a thousand times better than shadowlands.

1 Like

For mog

Who cares about power, it’s irrelevant after a few months

5 Likes

Well you gota put some kinda effort for a mog, cant just get it by doing nothing

1 Like

1 Like

Tbh the world part of this game hasn’t mattered since the classic vanilla days when the game was still in its infancy. It has been pretty much instancecraft ever since. The world is only meaningful every two years now while leveling. My opinion the last time they did open world good was in Mop, Legion, and BFA. Items scaled up gradually as you got better equipped. Yes the complaints about artifact power etc. But again my opinion is farming all these different currencies just to upgrade items is not any better, than farming artifact power.

6 Likes

Disagree, getting heroic tier mog last season from Forbidden Reach on my baby alts i never play was amazing :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I dont see how since heroic was 402 gear reach was like 390 something

Blizzard coded it that 3/3 upgraded reach gear catalysted into heroic recolour

2/3 was normal tier recolour

There was a wowhead article on it as well iirc

I wish they would stop telling me what I can’t upgrade to tier. If I want trash ilvl tier pieces, that’s my business.

5 Likes

Yea i dont know about that you got the normal set, heroic you need 402+

My army of alts wearing full heroic tier with me never having cleared even lfr of the raid says otherwise lol

5 Likes

I believe that the number of suffused pieces you can get per week is limited: The disciple, the cache that requires 3 purple keys, and the world quests if it happens to award gear

The cache is gone once looted, and the disciple has a loot lockout.

You can occasionally get lower iLvl gear randomly from the mobs, but it doesn’t seem to be eligible for the catalyst.

1 Like

Its a re color , but not the actual set they are all the same, just dif colors

They’re actually right about this one, and yes, it was very weird.

This is exactly the point. Some players are already handicapped in terms of item level. We are already limited by the Catalyst not being available and then having a weekly charge system.

It almost seems like tier sets were brought back for the sole purpose of propping up raiding metrics when Domination Shards were poorly received.

5 Likes