Bad news for solo and world players

They can get full 437s from LFR, and are still whining about solo/queue (since those are aparrently the same players) gear.

As for ilvl, this is the best it’s been for them in the history of the game, but it’s not enough.
It never will be for OP.

3 Likes

Even in wowhead now it is recommended that the party for the last quest should have at least a 45 mage in it.

1 Like

Optimal and reasonably doable are 2 very different things.

I don’t understand at all. This system is awesome, we’ve got heroics to run, assaults to get gear, more stuff coming in 10.1.5, upgradeable again to Normal ilevel and we can upgrade what we want, because the new currency system is swank.

Nothing is ever good enough for this OP. They honestly just need to quit the game. They’re starting to make the rest of us open world players look bad.

1 Like

And (if you throw in some LFR), you can get wyrms crests from the vault tokens of merit right now. Enough for 1 enchanted every week if you wanted to.

2 Likes

It is. You’re just not going to get handed it for doing random WQs. Sorry.

So you’re saying that a level 26 should be able to complete a quest where they will have to kill many level 29 elites packed closely in a building, some of which objectives require entering multiple floors and killing the same mobs there? When the quest now recommends doing it when it’s grey and has a group comp?

You have no idea what this quest is about.

1 Like

The last part is in the dwarf bunker right?

That’s an elite area not really meant for soloing. Maybe a high level Hunter or warlock could solo it.

It’s a pretty standard classic style elite quest/area though.

As a general rule in classic, the elite quests are for groups. A group of players fighting elites that are 1-2 levels above them in classic is how dungeons work.

Sheesh how many upgrade systems and currencies do you need now? Miss the simpler days when all you had to bother, and keep up with was pvp points/honor, etc, valor, and justice points.

7 Likes

That’s like hoping for 40" pythons without doing any heavy lifting

The bosses are in no way soloable, if you believe that, you are crazy.

They also despawn after like 10-15 minutes if they aren’t killed. Have you actually participated in a Fyrakk Assault?

I tried duoing a Fyrakk Assault boss with a Prot Paladin as an (at the time) ilvl ~430 hunter, and we died over and over and over until the boss despawned. We couldn’t even get him under like 80/90%.

6 Likes

Solo players who dont do any group content of any kind do not need teir sets. They may want them but dont need them. So this really doesnt matter.

I have a family member that plays 100% solo and they are still in Forgotten Reach 395 ilvl gear. Doing just fine. If your not progressing in the content difficulty level you reach a stopping point gear wise

5 Likes

How do you die to them as a 430 prot paladin

I can basically effortlessly keep myself alive with DS and the odd CD

Solo players are allowed to desire a gearing path.

Stop infantilizing solo players.

25 Likes

I would, but the current WoW devs are protesting the existence of their own solo players by removing popular features like Dungeon Finder.

2 Likes

Good for you. The vast majority of tanks cannot. I have yet to meet a tank who can tank the boss of the assaults without a healer.

This is like walking into a normal raid guild that’s progging and saying “Why are you guys struggling? Method clears this in their sleep.”

People are allowed to be undergeared, or have different skill levels. The fact of the matter is, these bosses have time limits to kill. The gear from them is once a week, and is complete RNG. They should not be the only source of gear outdoor players get for catalyzing.

9 Likes

Sorry, when I look up a quest on wowhead and find players used to be able to solo a 29 elite quest at 33, but now they need a group with 40+ players in it, I don’t assume that nothing has changed. I have seen a lot of changes in classic that contemporary comments do not mention.

For instance, there was a hunter quest that apparently someone in development decided was too easy. So they changed all the mob leashing in the game, including some which made certain quests undoable.

2 Likes

And for those saying outdoor players are over-reacting:

How would you feel if the ONLY gear M+ or Raiders players could catalyze was gear they got from the vault, nothing they had drop from dungeons or raids could be catalyzed? Cause that’d be the same exact scenario - a single piece of gear each week, complete RNG on what they get.

Nothing they earned the rest of the week was eligible. Only one shot a week, complete RNG at what dropped. Cause that’s what outdoor players are being relegated to. (For the record, we can technically get 2 pieces of Suffused gear a week, one from the Crucible, one from the boss, but this is still a good enough comparison to use.)

10 Likes

You can solo a certain few. The problem is they put the ward of Igria mob spawns to close to random trash mobs or have random buffoons pulling trash to where they spawn lol. But Ya invasions as a whole have been a complete fail in this expansion imo.

3 Likes