Bad news for solo and world players

On that one it’s more the revisionist history argument that the last patch equivilant’s gear was catalystable, which is false.

Not being able to convert the researchers under fire gear isn’t a change, it’s the status quo from last season.

Which I have since been corrected on and ultimately do at least partially agree with. However replacing a vendor source (Sepulcher and Voti) with an incredibly poor odds random drop event isn’t particularly great. On top of not adding a world content set at all.

I’d take 1 a week guaranteed from a vendor over 2-3 at random.

3 Likes

Also for fun I just flew down to ZM on my main (Cloth) to see what happens.

“Klakatak melee hit you for 92,518”

Yeah… nope.

3 Likes

Yeah its true that in 10.0 only storm gear could be used in the catalyst from the world. But thats the one and only thing that fryakk and storm gear have in common.
They are fundamentally different in every single way otherwise. Acquisition of the gear is different. The gear being part of a set or not is different. If the gear has effects in the world is different.

Fryakk gear is also different from how it worked in zerith mortis. Because just like in 10.0, the gear that could be used was bought off of a vendor using a currency you earned out in the world.

10.1 is the patch that is breaking the pattern. And its doing it in the most pointless and random way possible.

If you told me that fryakk gear was picked out of a hat for how it was selected to be used in the catalyst, id believe it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not even the M+ players really want to have to play with the “No upgrades unless you do harder content” rule because that would mean no upgrades under current key level.

i.e. You completed a +10 so no fragments no crests and no ilvl upgrades from 0-9 for you.
Complete a +20,then you get nothing from 0-19.
Yea, they don’t want that either.

To apply the current M+ gearing paradigm to open world players seems fair to me.
Why can’t I over gear content and still get ever increasing rewards? Not like it isn’t being done for a certain segment of the player base already.

This world is dangerous? I could drool on my keyboard and my character in full greens would steamroll most stuff lmao

That’s a bummer. At least with Zereth mortis we could choose our pieces.

I honestly don’t see why any piece can’t use a charge up… those things are weekly and its a long time between charges.

By the time the season is over you are hard pressed to get anything.

1 Like

Lol this is a pretty bad take.

In what world does it make sense that the only time you were ever rewarded from doing M+ is if you pushed higher than your last key?

I don’t think you understand how M+ works. You wouldn’t want M+ rules in introductory content. The moment you saw timers and affixes, you’d quit.

1 Like

And OP complaind at the time that both the ZM relic gear and Storm Sigil gear were either “yet another nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression” or “the worst that this game has ever seen in its long history.”

Yes, these are direct quotes from OP. I can link threads, but wish to avoid them getting necro’d.

Bring it in in a way that it resets on every week to bring M+ back in line with raiding, then maybe.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by “most stuff”?

All max-level open world content that has any reward beyond rep, gold, lowbie currency, or green gear in DF has been tuned for parties or even raids:
—Primal Storms
—Super rares
—Elite world quests
—Trial of the Flood
—Trial of the Elements
—Storm’s Fury
—Obsidian Hold
—Forbidden Reach rares
—Researchers Under Fire
—Zaqali Caldera
—Zaralek Cavern rares
—Suffusion Camp

For actual soloable content, we have:
—Non-elite world quests
—Some weekly and daily quests
—Zskera Vaults
—Sniffenseeking
—Levelling rares

The world content designed for groups is superior not only in quantity, but also in quality and type of rewards.

2 Likes

This is not new. Elite quests gave better rewards than non-elite quest in every version of the game, including vanilla.

1 Like

TL;DR:

9.1 Korthia allowed for a full set of Upper Normal raid iLvl gear.

9.2 ZM allowed for a mostly full set of Lower Normal raid iLvl gear.

10.0 allowed for a partial set of upper LFR iLvl gear.

All of my claims are based on numbers.

BfA solo and open world gearing still blows anything from SL or DF out of the water.

And now you have heroic end boss.

You mean BFA PvP gearing.

You could still max out Korthia and Zereth Mortis gear easily, while ignoring the group quests.

In DF it’s not just a few quests, but entire forms of content that are designed to require groups.

If you ignore group content in DF, you are going to be stuck in green and blue gear for the entire season.

Those bosses do zero damage to my warrior alt who is only 400 ilvl.
Tank spec of course, but you said “in no way” granted im not chopping wood for 45 minutes just to kill him.

In 2 slots. It’s nowhere near being a gearing system.

We used to have fully powered legendaries in 2 slots in Legion and SL, and one fully powered legendary cloak and one fully powered artifact necklace in BfA.

But that would never happen in DF. Even crafted gear that does not require the wearer to craft is limited in quality if you don’t do hardcore group content.

But by that, I know that you’re counting LFR. So you have full heroic end boss in every slot you manage to get a spark for. (possibly more, if you upgrade the heroic dungeon weekly items)

No. LFR is not open world gearing. I was comparing DF open world to Legion, BfA, and SL open world.

LFR is always 13 base item levels below Normal and doesn’t warrant much analysis. I don’t know why you keep trying to bring LFR into the discussion when the gear is obviously eligible for the Catalyst.

1 Like

Considering the amount of cry threads you posted in SL-yawn

1 Like