Back in my day thread

Back in my day my book bag weighed 47 pounds because of all the books we had to carry.

And the school nurse said that my shoulders were uneven

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

9 Likes

Omg I remember when my school tried something like getting rid of lockers for one year because of…reasons and we have to carry ALL our books for ALL our classes around all day.

GRARGHHHHHHH

1 Like

So Johnny why were you late? I ran out of stamina and my drink was on cool down

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

2 Likes

Back in my day, the only way into the raid was to run thru an instance!

2 Likes

Literally children carrying backpacks bigger than themselves around school LOL

1 Like

back in the day i was a level 25 warrior with almost all intellect and spirit gear because i did not know what the hell i was doing, and i never read instructions.

9 Likes

That was me. Literally bursting at the seams

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

My English 3 book was a brick lol. I’d have died.

So glad my school wasn’t stupid like that.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Back in my day, we made fun of Bethesda for broken buggy games and laud Blizzard for quality.

now we make fun of both of them

4 Likes

Back in my day, we didn’t have computers, I had to call Blizzard on the phone and ask them how my toon was doing.

5 Likes

back in the day when the phone rang I got disconnected from the internet.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Back in my day the gold cap was only like 214k. :coin:

A friend had a TRS-80 with a cassette tape to load software, and if he didn’t start it right, we had to redo it and that was like another 20 minutes of load time.

My family, on the other hand, live high on the hog with our Apple ][+, which my dad upgraded from the standard 48k of RAM to the full 64k! And it came with a 5 1/4" floppy drive with a whopping 160k capacity.

Of course, we quickly realized that if we used a hand hole punch to make a notch on the other side we could use both sides of the floppy, doubling our storage capacity of each disk to 320k!!!

/moo :cow:

5 Likes

Back in my day I could read faster than my 300bps modem could transmit.

1 Like

Back in my day we kept our horses in our inventory

3 Likes

back in my day i had to take out a loan from 3 different friends to get my first mount

1 Like

Back in my day, the hunter waited until he got in the dungeon to ask if anyone had any meat to feed his pet…

2 Likes

Back in my day, we didn’t play Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.
We only had Math Rescue…

1 Like