Azeroth is a sphere like earth

God I hate the fact that all of that checks out

3 Likes

How cool it could be to provide the necessary funding to the Gnomes in order to have a space rocket to go explore Azeroth’s moons (if there’s any).
Could work the same way as AQ war effort!

About Azeroth, we haven’t seen the North-Pole and South-Pole, some would point out Northren but this place looks more like what we can see slightly below the 60th parallel.
Not sure for how long ice, snow, and water at 4 degree Celsius can entertain the players though.

(post deleted by author)

Well, obviously Azeroth is flat in game because it’s a virtual environment created on a flat plane.

Lorewise however, it’s a globe.

Now, someone tell me why this actually matters?

Maps are flat

If it creates a better gameplay experience and lore, I really don’t care what shape Azeroth is. I always liked the idea of “planes” that expand into infinity rather than planets. Since its a fantasy landscape, there probably shouldn’t be a concept of space, for example I liked the twisting nether when it was the warcraft version of hell and not outer space.

Also interstellar space goats has been memed (pre BFA) as being one of the worst points in wow lore.

1 Like

Calm down Christopher Columbus.

1 Like

Actually, its flat. Cuz i said so.

Azeroth is not a sphere.

Azeroth is a half-sphere on the back of a giant platypus floating through the great beyond.

1 Like

it probably wraps around. Stonetalon Mountains might be closer to Arathi Highlands than it looks.

I wish i could use my flying mount and fly from Kalimdor to eastern kindom tough would be cool

1 Like

The weird thing about this to me, while it makes sense based on the map, is that if Pandaria is functionally the ‘south pole’ it should be a lot less verdant than it is. Plus like you alluded to, I believe it’s been said that lore-wise nobody travels west from Kalimdor nor east from EK, for…reasons. Apparently whatever lies in those directions is more dangerous to travel than the Maelstrom lol

Fake news… Azeroth is FLAT. The end

1 Like

Scroll up. I proved it WITH SCIENCE!

The planet we see from Argus is all north of its equator, and all of EK and Kalimdor are accounted for.

There is an entire hemisphere we have never seen.

In game and official art of Azeroth:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/d/d4/Forbidding_and_Veiled_Sea.PNG

Those look fake. I know Azeroth is flat just like Earth. It’s also located in the middle of the universe.

They could always say that we were looking at one hemisphere then widen it out and double the amount of space. This actually happened to the Europeans and Asians who before 1492 thought the Earth’s Eastern Hemisphere had the entire world’s dry land.

These all pre-date Legion. We can clearly see with our own eyes from the viewing window of the Vindicaar that these holograms are not accurate.

They do not. Sepulcher’s globe is the same.