Awful retail changes to tbc arena! why?! who asked for this?

activision you are deliberately sabotaging tbc now, that much is clear. you are all awful people and you should all be fired

17 Likes

I mean would you of even gotten to 2050 anyway?

Pvp weapons should be gated thru a system, not just welfare epics that take nothing to get.

2 Likes

They’re not really retail changes.

Retail doesn’t have rating requirements on any pieces of gear. They have an upgrade system locked behind rating instead.

1 Like

You asked for this when you cried about #somechanges.

I didn’t like a majority of the changes put into classic and I got downvoted and laughed at. Now you are getting a taste of #somechanges.

The rational thing to do was never agree to allow actiblizz to go near these games and now you are getting what you deserve.

8 Likes

im crafting my weapon so i wouldnt have needed to, but yes i would have…easily i might add. these changes are dumb and untrue to tbc classic, no one asked for this crap. they are pissing all over the legacy of this game

4 Likes

The better question is. Would you have even gotten 1800 anyway? Because that’s the type of player who isn’t going to queue anymore now. You’ve essentially erased the people who would go from 1500-1850 for their weapons from arena completely.

Season 1 will be popular at the start, like Shadowlands. Then it’s going to stay in a perma dead state with nothing but boosts and gladiators in the 1700-2100 range just like it is on live.

4 Likes

Your armory says different.

1 Like

Since i had weapon and shoulders always, im going to say yes, yes i will.

I was referring to your 2050 statement towards another player. People who used to flood arena with mains and alts for their 1800 weapon are now gone from the ladder.

To top it off there will be no LFG for x realm arena so I imagine it will be even more dead than live.

I mean i just went by his armory.

He has never even hit 1750.

I think 2050 was out of most players reach anyway.

i knew you’d go there like the unperceptive, unobservant clown you are so let me bring you up to speed. shadowlands arena was my first time playing arena in wow ever, i got close to 1800 rating while not knowing most mechanics and counters to other comps and classes. i couldve kept playing shadowlands and climbed much much higher if id wanted to but i decided that trash game isnt worth that type of commitment or my time.

i played classic since launch and have a much better understanding of it, i grinded ranks 14 and 12 on two characters and was really excited for an authentic tbc arena experience since that is what i wanted to dedicate my time to. these changes prove that blizzard is hell bent on sabotaging tbc just like their attempts to sabotage classic.

3 Likes

Shadowlands arena is a meme man, ever since they redid the arena system to what it is now its actually really easy to hit glad.

TBC is going to be much harder than Shadowlands arena was in terms of hitting ranks.

Im not sure how “close” you got as you didnt even get the 1750 achiuevement.

Im not saying youre good or bad, im merely using the data i have at hand to make an educated guess.

1 Like

And you’ll be 1600 in TBC crying on the forums about how unfair the rating system is instead of using that time to improve in game along with everyone else.

The good news for you guys is that actiblizz is using the old “intentionally release an extreme version of a change” tactic only to slightly scale it back so everyone is more accepting of it.

3 Likes

highest i got was 1730ish in 3’s and like i said, first ever arena season. our mmr was so high at one point we were facing 1900-2k teams and i still didnt know how to counter stuff half the time. i didnt know any other class’s mechanics except my own and i was still owning seasoned players. so yeah im confident im gona destroy scrubs like you who think their the S. wow pvp in general isnt hard at all, its literally having the knowledge to trade cooldowns appropriately. once you learn that its all about execution. ive played games that require actual reaction time and skill and wow isnt one of them lol

Youre kinda proving my point on how easy shadowlands arena is…and you dont even know it, youre too blinded about you winning to see the state of Shadowlands and are confusing you being good as opposed to the system just being that easy in Shadowlands.

Youre going to be trully disapointed in TBC as you prolly wont even hit 1800.

Did I miss something? What did they change this time?

its not easy at all, you have gladiator and rank 1 players at lower ratings on alts all the damn time and ive beaten them. every class has like 20 more buttons to press and so your ability to counter them is tested way more than in classic. covenant abilities which are downright broken. tbc pvp is a joke compared to retail, mechanically…retail is a much harder game. not to mention classes dont ever lose mana so games can last up to 15-20 minutes at a time until full dampening hits.

pvp wasnt the reason i disliked retail, it has its faults but its still fun and challenging.

I mean im not going to keep doing this whole back and forth, you will see in TBC.

Theres a reason people say a Shadowlands glad would be hard stuck at 1800 in TBC/WOTLK…

Shadowlands arena is a meme…

What did I miss?

yes because every class doesnt have a cheat death mechanic and if you make a mistake thats usually the game(specially in season 1 of tbc with no resilience). retail arena tests you in other ways like mental endurance and consistency due to the games being so long, it is in my opinion a much harder arena game