AV is terrible - fix it

You really are terribly at reading comprehension aren’t you, I can only speak to what happened on my battlegroup in vanilla. Not yours, if your experience was different than mine more power to you.

That’s odd, because also you:

:ping_pong:

Okay? So like I said my experience in my battlegroup was what I said it was.

Not sure what you find confusing about this.

So your experience in your battlegroup was both not zerging/racing until reinforcements, while simultaneously mostly a base race scenario in most games in late vanilla.

Not at all confusing. You make stuff up whole cloth as you go, depending on what side of the argument you choose. You then pretend that it is “out of context” or the reader was “confused”.

You continuing to speak on the subject of AV will never be non comical. You trolled the hell out of the pre-decision AV threads, and have shown a remarkable ability of hypocrisy.

Oh good so you just don’t understand what I actually said, well you have consistently demonstrated zero understanding of actual strategy so that’s not suprising.

I said horde were not playing scorched earth, I mentioned two other metas besides that. Both are forms of base racing, only one is a zerg. I know it’s confusing and it might take some time for you to understand.

Ah yes, falling back on the “you just don’t understand” defense. :roll_eyes:

So it was a base race, while also not a base race, while it was both a zerg and yet not a zerg until TBC, and furthermore farts bUt yOu dOn’T uNdErStAnD wHaT i wRoTe!

You spent multiple threads trolling the hell out of people who said that 1.12 would be zerged/raced.

I would post your entire wall of hypocrisy, but you tend to report that as “trolling”.

You apparently don’t since you think that the only kind of a base race is a pure zerg :slight_smile: It’s almost like zerg is a subset of base race of which there are other variants.

But we’ve already established you have a very poor grasp of strategy.

Ah, now it is “subsets and variants”, while when you were trolling the pre-announcement AV threads there was no such distinction. Backpedal more.

We’ve established that you will run around with the goalposts as long as you are getting that blue dot dopamine rush.

I’ve always said there were more ways to play than map than zerg or scorched earth from horde.

You not understanding that base races include more than just zerging isn’t back pedaling, it’s just a case of you needing to git gud and try harder at reading.

tl;dr

Horde strat was SHB -> Balinda -> SHGY, while up to half of their team slowed down the Ally push. Horde typically did not start defending en masse until Ally reached the Horde base.

Ally strat was SFGY -> Galv -> IBT -> IBGY. They would defend SHGY and other SH objectives until they had SFGY. After this, they would send 10-20 ally back to the base to defend the bridge.

/tl;dr

Seems to be some confusion here. What Ziryus is saying is at least partially correct, and I believe I understand what he is saying. I’ll try to help explain for him.

So, back in the day, the horde DID NOT Zerg. This is because the Horde back in the day did not understand the importance of the objectives as we do today. What they did (At least on my server/battlegroup), is they started off the match by piling into SHB and sticking to the east and south of the Bal Bunker.

Ally, on the other hand, was primarily preoccupied with capping SFGY at the beginning of the match. As such, Ally would typically stick to the north and west of the Bal bunker.

The result is that fights would break out around the Bal bunker. We’d go back and forth pushing between SFGY and the SHB.

AV was generally very disorganized back then, so you’d have Ally try and retake the SHB and you’d have Horde try to slow down the Ally push to SFGY. However, in almost all battles, both sides eventually got their objective.

Once Ally had the SFGY and Horde had burned down the bunker, that is when the “base race” phase of the battle began. Once again, I say “base race” because it’s very different from what you would call a race. Both sides would split into O and D teams, and both would slowly work their way towards the enemy base.

The Horde back in the day did not understand the importance of IBGY. They typically would not allocate enough people to defend it properly from the Ally attack from SF. If Horde had done this, they would have won far more AV’s.

The result of this looks very much like what we actually have today, if the Ally team is successful in holding IBGY. Or, should I say, the Horde team fail to properly defend IBGY. The Ally team will send 10-20 people back to the base to defend the bridge. This should slow down the Horde long enough for the Ally team to win.

The main difference is that AV back in the day took hours to complete, even in 1.12. Both sides defended their bases much more vigorously, and they also defended their forward GYs much less.

The “Zerg” meta, where both sides literally stopped defending, did not come around for me until just before TBC hit. I’d say probably a month, maybe two, before TBC release.

This continued for a while in TBC, until Horde got their big brain moment and figured out that “defending ibgy = win”. Literally.

The Horde nowadays have this information, so they started off with defending IBGY. The only possible way that Ally have overcome a Horde team defending IBGY is either through 1. Vastly superior numbers (Horde team does not send enough to defend) and 2. Vastly superior force (Premades).

The “Cubby Strat” that has been all the rage lately works because it forces the Horde to SFGY, forcing the Horde into a similar position as what the Ally back in the day dealt with. Horde not defending IBGY.

Yep this is essentially it. My battlegroup didn’t see horde start defending IBGY hard until later in TBC but the result was basically the same, your battlegroup experience may have been that it happened much earlier. All I can comment on on that note was that the cave rez/location was fixed relatively quickly once it became an issue in my battlegroup and that did align with when horde queue times started to spike across enough battlegroups it became a larger issue.

And in general those games where people were playing mixed offense/defense were much more interesting than what we have now. When every game comes down to can alliance beat the cave rez with a low rate of success with failure resulting in a long boring game stuck north of SHGY that ends in almost certain loss I don’t know why people are surprised alliance won’t queue for it.

I think that it is just Horde players. Most Horde players are more dedicated at winning.

I am a alliance player, and only a alliance player. So I am not mocking myself, I am just giving a honest answer about things. I personally Q for AV alot, and I don’t care about losing. Just having some fun.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with dedication. The map is horribly imbalanced due to the layout of the GYs (especially the cave and IB GY). Read any number of threads on the topic. Blizz fixed it in TBC. They could fix it now but they don’t for some reason (it’s already past #nochanges because they changed the ability to premade, it seems they just favor horde winning all the time).

No need to explain for him. Each time the race subject was brought up in the old threads before release of AV, he fell all over himself rushing to claim that the race didn’t happen in vanilla 1.12 AV. He now bemoans that horde refuse to race, but are rather doing “scorched earth”, which is playing the BG as intended.

Well at least i know it’s not me you have an issue understanding but a general lack of reading skills.

He just described exactly what I did. A base race that is not a zerg.

Does that distinction confuse you? Because guess what zerg is a subset of base racing. You do know what subset means?

God, you are so full of it.

You not understanding that zerging is a subset of base racing is a you problem with comprehension at this point since you don’t seem to understand it when explained well by someone else either.

You repeatedly denied that base racing was a thing in vanilla 1.12. Your ridiculous “subset” tangent attempt is ridiculous. Keep waving the goal post around.

When it comes to AV, yes. The people who are willing to wait two and a half to three hours arent waiting that long to play AV casually.

1 Like

99% of the times Ally love SHGY Camping… get the s’mores for that campfire because your faction doesn’t care if they win or lose

1 Like