AV is officially dead

It’s been dead for a while, and even months of feedback and metrics showing how bad it is caused Blizz to do nothing that’d change the situation.

Even if they finally realized the situation in AV is bad, it’d be for Naxx- they could make every balancing change possible, but if it’s in December 2020 then it’s not going to mean anything at that point.

There isn’t a strategy that overcomes the fact that, if Horde really wants to retake it, Alliance will always lose IBGY before it caps.

Horde has a 20-person rez wave close to the flag to work with, the Alliance equivalent is a 10-cap graveyard SUPER far away from SHGY, which makes retaking it almost impossible.

Confirmed sore losers. When Alliance won 99% of their games Horde kept queueing. Now Ally refuse to queue because they can’t exploit the game anymore.

1 Like

FTFY

10chars

Okay, what is your suggestion to get the Alliance queuing again? You continue to tell us what the issues are or aren’t but I’d like to hear how you would fix this.

This never happened, the premades lasted a few weeks and during them Horde threw a massive temper tantrum- while also claiming that they were winning half their games.

You were winning games just fine, and you were still throwing a tantrum until Blizz fixed the problem of not winning every match for you.

3 Likes

Wrong. It lasted months, and you threw the tantrum because you couldn’t exploit the system and premade anymoire.

We keep queueing for the other BGs, it’s just that AV isn’t worth it.

AV kept being worth it for Horde when Alliance were winning, now Horde just denies us every objective and farms us for an hour.

I won’t queue up for 3000 honor/hour, and it’s time to stop pretending you would.

I play AV for fun.

Congratulations on being on the faction where AV can be considered fun instead of a hell grind for those that want/need the rep gear. Unfortunately in the future there may not be any queues to join but I hope you enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

picking battles you can win is Sun Tzu tactics. hardly ‘sore losers’.

4 Likes

A) Alliance weren’t winning 99% of games, they were winning a decent amount. I had a 50ish percent win rate as I wasn’t playing in premades. B) Even when horde lost they were still getting decent rewards, alliance currently get almost nothing for a loss when horde play scorched earth.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was the map, as a matter of fact I’ve said repeatedly that nothing you change about the map will give alliance any incentive to win (or even q for) AV.

Here is the suggestion I was referring to:

Free faction transfers for horde rank 8 and above (until q times and thus pvp populations are roughly even) coupled with either

1. Faction specific server qs
  2. BG q priority based on server faction balance (ie if your server is 100% horde you basically cannot participate in BGs)

The big change that eliminated premades in AV came out a month after AV launched. AV launch was Dec 10, the change was Jan 23. It was over a week before premades even started to show, and the majority of players never were in premades so most matches were against pugs for Horde. When they started to show, yeah, Horde whined for a month straight and threatened to stop queuing.

If you’re going to be full of cowdung at least try to make sure the garbage you’re trying to pass off isn’t obviously a lie.

And even when losing, because Alliance weren’t actively stopping Horde from taking LTs, towers, Balinda- you were getting solid honour even in losing games. Despite still winning some games and still getting honour, you still were a bunch of quitters and whiners.

If you were losing every match and getting no honour out of it, you wouldn’t be doing AV either. Horde are notorious for giving up the moment they’re even remotely challenged- just look at the mass exodus of Indendius, where Horde spent months using their superior numbers to camp everything in wpvp, but when Alliance xfers balanced it out they fled the server by the thousands due to a few weeks of lost world buffs in BRM.

3 Likes

Well, duh. Because it would hamper your HPH. :man_shrugging:

Please explain why you’d be able to ROLL ME OVER in the middle of the FoS, yet you cannot manage to ROLL ME OVER when meeting on your turf, with your GY steps away, with your captain steps away, and LTs steps away, not to mention towers arrowing horde as they waddle by.

You’ve repeatedly asked what my solution was. What is yours? Simply doing away with the faction differences?

Alliance in vanilla were playing with the hand dealt them, and they managed to have a better winning record than the horde, all the way up until reinforcements were jammed in during TBC. Stop blaming it on the “hand you were dealt”.

Aaaaaand as I said, if at the beginning they had faction ratio queues, there would never have been a need for CRBGs.

Why rank 8?

I have always supported faction ratio queues. Specifically so we could NOT have CRBGs.

Again, the solution:

Free faction transfers for horde rank 8 and up coupled with either:

A. Faction specific server qs or
B. Bg q priority based on your servers faction balance (ie if your server is 100% horde you are placed at the bottom of the priority list and will likely never get a game)

Funny that every time that was attempted, you lot insisted the horde base one was rarely if ever used.

I cannot recall that EVER being claimed. Making lies up on the fly again is not helping your case.

If all 40 of your team are in your base then you are doing it wrong.

Alliance are not even willing to test stuff now, because they are “not getting payed”.

Alliance has a 20 cap GY next to SP.

Here’s the thing though: it’s really not.
The queue times for AV have been steadily near 1h45m for quite a while now in our region. There is no queue collapse as some have been claiming.

If waiting in queue for 1hr45m is acceptable to you then have at it. It’s really no skin off my back. I would like to play AV again when there’s an actual chance to win but for now I’m fine doing other things.