If I have to explain Korraks Revenge to you, I would rather not right now. About to go camping…
In a nutshell:
- classic players begged for early AV
- blizzard handwaved the players and chose 1.12 because it gave them “clarity”, and some players white knighted, claiming early AV would be too hard to recreate, because blizzard’s dog ate the code
- AV 1.12, as predicted ended up being a steaming pile
- Blizzard subsequently creates Korrak’s revenge, seemingly from scratch, uses it for the 15th anniversary in retail modern WoW, for a limited time
- Classic WoW, the museum piece of vanilla WoW, still does not get to play the 15th anniversary version of AV
edit: to this day, korraks revenge sits gathering dust on a floppy disk somewhere, likely used as a mountain dew coaster.