AV Cave Rez situation

Alliance can win av just like a hobo can win the lottery.

You are truly an idiot if you think the current version of AV is anything close to fair. It takes an NBA level alliance team vs a highschool level horde team to win.

Man, you just really really donā€™t understand how effective IBGY is for horde. Which is of course how we know youā€™re terrible at pvp.

1 Like

That was your takeaway from the sampling of your hypocrisy?

I never claimed ibgy was not effective for the horde. But please continue to espouse your wisdom about AV.

1 Like

Still waiting for your brilliant strat.

You seem to fail to grasp horde were not using this strat in vanilla as it didnā€™t become popular until BC. When it had the same result and blizzard actually made changes to fix it. And while your brilliant strats might work in the vanilla horde strat they donā€™t currently.

2 Likes

What you and your ilk want is a guaranteed 100% success strat that allows for the large portion of your team to not have to cease AFKing, honor leeching, leveling in the harpy cave, and rep farming.

I and others have explained what disrupts the horde forces, separating them and forcing them to deal with multiple targets, but you lot just handwave it away and continue with your proven bad strategy of standing around IBGY right next to where horde spawn in the cave, and then cry about it.

This strat is nothing like the strat used in BC, because as you were fond of bringing up before classic AV release (do you need me to cite it again?) the difference is reinforcements and the new win mechanic. That BC strat was rushing to kill balinda, and then camping en masse at IB.

1 Like

Oh he grasps it all right. Heā€™s a troll.

No we want you to propose any strat that gets a reasonable win rate against the current horde strat. You have singularly failed to do so, although you have proposed many things that donā€™t work.

Right youā€™re proposing strats that might have been okay in vanilla when horde were not using the current meta.

Itā€™s actually exactly the same, wipe alliance at IBGY and clear any who made it south, only instead of a hard win because of reinforcements it becomes a soft win for horde when they summon the ice guy. And thatā€™s only in the worst case scenario where alliance end up full turtling at SHGY.

You donā€™t understand this because, gasp, bad grasp of how AV actually plays out.

Iā€™d really love an explanation. Itā€™s obvious Blizzard knows the win rate for Horde is close to 100%, so why havenā€™t they made this MINOR change? I would like to also hear why they removed Allianceā€™s only shred of hope for winning while leaving this in?

What is their thinking process? Or is this just another transparent example of their bias? Are they getting all their Horde alts to exalted before making the change? Are they never going to consider it? If not, why? If so, why wait for months?

Seriously is anyone at Blizzard at the wheel of this ship?

1 Like

I understand how effective IBGY/cave is.

I also understand how effective the bridge is, which alliance are not even remotely using properly.

Good so you donā€™t understand how a choke point that prevents any actual offense is not the same as a choke point where the game is effectively over by the time it comes into play.

4 Likes

This is my real issue, any game company that gave any amount of fā€™s would address an obvious imbalance regardless of root cause.

Do you understand those rams though?

6 Likes

1 Like

No horde cave spawn until after FWGY is hard capped. No alliance cave spawn until DB is taken. No getting sent from SFGY to DB when SHGY is ally controlled. AV can be fixed with a series of ā€œif/thenā€ codes.

1 Like

Cherry picking posts from '19? I view it as a positive that people can change their opinions when presented with new information.

It was reasonable at the time to think AV would be played as it was in vanilla. That obvsiouly ended up not being the case, and not just for AV.

2 Likes

Alliance can leave to go offense from the back side of their base with no horde able to stop that and still be pushing.

The bridge is effective because it can hold off 40 horde with about 20 alliance. Allowing the other 20 to play offense.

But alliance are not using it at all. As Iā€™ve said I have seen alliance aoe the bridge ONCE.

Do you know what a 20 man team down south can do with even the slightest bit of coordination?

They can cap every southern objective at the same time. Heck if you have the gear for it a 20 man can kill the final boss with no towers down, assuming decent gear which alliance have issues with due to alts and levelers, but again thatā€™s not the maps fault.

IBGY requires more horde to defend/recap because we canā€™t send people back to help with a trinket there. And I love how alliance complain about the cave yet they never try having an aoe death trap at the cave exit? Did you think maybe there were other options to help you cap IBGY other than sitting at that GY? You keep 2-3 people there and the rest go to the cave to aoe it down as horde walk out. You can turn the cave into a choke point. And then the horde only option is to trinket out and come from much farther away. Most wonā€™t try to trinket and do the same thing alliance do when horde camp their cave. Cry and moan and keep running into the death trap.

Alliance are not using their map advantages at all.

IBGY is strong. The bridge is much stronger because of compounding factors, but never utilized.

And then alliance have to push all the way from DB to FWK while horde simply kill Vann.

The brilliance continues.

2 Likes

Really? You are seriously going to white knight that garbage?

The main problem is that we donā€™t have rams in the Alliance base. A secondary problem is that when SPGY falls, the horde are already across the bridge since we respawn in our cave.

Also, do you expect 20 alliance to be able to push and mount an offense when the horde has already pushed the alliance to the bridge? Iā€™ve had it happen and Iā€™ve executed it but that was back when we could queue as a 15 man group.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ecf9r3/my_favorite_av_strategy_give_the_horde_nothing/

This was a post I made back when premades were a thing. Our guild didnā€™t do the whole ā€œrush drek dont be a kekā€ thing, we played to the objectives and that would mean coordinating trinketā€™s to defend our base and push the horde out while the kek crowd did their offense.

It took a large amount of effort to push the horde swarm off the bridge with our semi-premade (10-15 people). Judging the Alliance because theyā€™re not operating at the level of a premade is foolish at best and trollish at worst.

Do you not understand how having a defending team and offensive team works?

20 alliance defend, 20 go offensive.

Having a defensive position that lets you hold off the entire enemy team with half of your forces isnā€™t strong enough to send an offensive?

Itā€™s not that the bridge doesnā€™t let you go offensive, itā€™s that you give up by the time it gets to that point.

The bridge is the strongest defending position in the game by far. It has a very narrow choke point, it has 2 Archer towers on the other side, it has elite NPC in the other side. It has a drop off as the only option off the bridge for the attacking party if they get forced into an aoe death trap that makes them start over the bridge crossing again. It has a 30/rest cycle advantage if properly using both the GY and cave. It has the trinket return spot in it so those that Rez at the cave can quickly reinforce the ASGY side of the bridge. The cave Rez allows the alliance to attack the backline of the horde to kill healers by flanking then easily. The cave Rez and ASGY give easy access to a path for offensive push for half the team to go and do.

The bridge advantage is never used because alliance give up by the time it comes into play, that is not a map issue. That is a player issue. Defeatist mentality is why you have no map advantage, because you refuse to use it.