AV Cave Rez situation

:thinking:

Wait, what?

Yeah, thatā€™s what I thought you said.

Basically 1.12 in vanilla was basically a race/zerg meta, as well as not being a race/zerg meta, and to prevent the zerg/race meta one needs to simply do what you now label ā€œtEh sCoRcHeD eArF!ā€

2 Likes

PS, as a reminder:

2007 called. It wantā€™s itā€™s ā€œitā€™s teh mapā€ excuse back.
https://www.engadget.com/2007-06-12-why-does-the-horde-always-lose-alterac-valley.html

Basically, the Horde says that the Alterac Valley map favors Alliance, since Horde have to make it past the bridge chokepoint and the Stormpike graveyard is more secluded and defended than Frostwolf. The Alliance, on the other hand, blame the Hordeā€™s perennial losses on AFK people, a defeatist attitude, and a lack of defense, and note that Horde seemingly has no problems steamrolling Alliance in WSG and AB. In response, the Horde has issued a challenge for Blizzard to flip the AV map and see if the Hordeā€™s win-loss ratio doesnā€™t turn around.

Now read that first paragraph, and rollaround in ity :poop:y goeyness.

2018 weighed in:
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2451759-What-side-was-alterac-valley-or-PVP-in-general-biased-towards

2 Likes

You should probably read what I actually said.

Which is what Iā€™ve always said, games didnā€™t become almost all zergs until after reinforcements.

Backpedal more.

2 Likes

The only thing I remember about Vanilla AVs was fighting in the field of strife for like 2 hours straight.

1 Like

You failing at reading comprehension doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m back pedalling :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve clearly explained that on my battlegroup games were typically not zergs or alliance trapped north of SHGY until after reinforcements.

If your battlegroups was different thatā€™s fine, I canā€™t speak to your experience.

I see, I must have misread this as you having the same experience as Hawne. Clearly I am the one with the issue with reading comprehension.

In before ā€œwell, that depends on your definition of ā€œbasicallyā€ā€.

1 Like

And you fail at convincing any of us that you arenā€™t a lying hypocrite. Keep backpeddling.
troll harder bro

1 Like

Maybe you guys just need to git gud at reading and try harder. Clearly thatā€™s the only explanation for a problem right?

Oh you know it, but that is to be expected from such a knowledgeable Stormpikeā€™ian tactician such as yourself.

And YET, as you keep being reminded ofā€¦ AB and WSG.

Your logic is crazy.

But according to ziryus the alliance that play AV are not the same players that play the other BGs.

So which is it?

3 Likes

But they are :slight_smile: if you donā€™t understand why all players have the exact same options for what BGā€™s they can queue forā€¦

1 Like

They were the same players until they gave up on an imbalanced bg. Weā€™re supposed to believe these players couldnā€™t win AV, but the same players do fine on the other two maps.

1 Like

So the alliance players A, B, and C all play pvp. A is good at PvP B at least try to pvp, players C just leach and afk to get carried to their goals.

Player A left AV after premading was killed (without a single complaint about map imbalanceā€¦) Player B will go into AV until they have what they need from it. Player C plays almost nothing but AV because itā€™s so easy to put in minimal effort and still get decent rewards.

This is what happened to AV.

Player A left, player B is sometimes there, and player C is infesting AV for alliance.

The map has some things that should be fixed. But it is not the primary cause of the 98% loss rate that you try to make it out to be.

If the map was such a big deal why would it still become popular on AV weekend for alliance, let alone the huge jump alliance get in winrates when more A and B players are playing in it on AV weekend?

The map (SFGY Rez at ASGY) accounts for maybe a 40/60 split at most. The rest is player made issues.

Yep itā€™s entirely player made. The players avoiding AV while also beating horde in WSG/AB have no idea how to pvp and they donā€™t understand how maps can impact the game.

Still waiting on why the horde that dominate in AV canā€™t do the same in WSG/AB.

1 Like

Que time vs Game duration, HPH, the chance of having dead weight players on your team (canā€™t premade) due to the sheer number of leachers afkers and bots (blizzard got rid of most of the bots) all focusing on AV as their ā€œgrindā€, exc.

And you think the good players are avoiding it because of the mapā€¦ Even historical evidence points to you being wrong. Heck the history of classic points to you being wrong. None of the premade AV players complained about the map, the map complaints only came in after premading was broken. Because alliance need something to blame other than themselvesā€¦ It canā€™t be because of the bot infestation alliance AV had when premades got broken and it took blizzard months to fix. It canā€™t be because the bot infestation made group C the prominent player type in AV after the bots got removed because people gave up from having 20 bots on their team every game for months. It canā€™t be because que times vs game duration has an effect on motivation. It canā€™t be because of so many other reasons, it MUST only be because of the map and NOTHING elseā€¦

1 Like

So what youā€™re saying is the AV weekend should just be permanent? Alliance should just have so much bonus honor they will accept the low win rate?

Itā€™s the only time players A and B feel the map is worth playing knowing they have to deal with player C, because of the increased rewards. The downside of AV weekend is player C continues to infest it, they just donā€™t hold a majority on AV weekend because players A and B come back.

And the winrate goes up A LOT for alliance on AV weekend.

1 Like

Sure noone has ever claimed other wise.