Automation + Auto Kick + Auto Grounding + AI vs Rated PvP

Yea, but programs like Autohotkey aren’t using any of the in-game macros. They are simply copying your keystrokes and replaying them in sequence without the need for an actual in-game macro. How does Blizz determine if a player is really good at hitting his keys in sequence fast or if he is using autohotkey?

I think autohotkey type of stuff is here to stay and Blizz needs to design the game around it. And like others have said, you can do the same thing with your MMORPG mouse, but do you really want to set all that stuff up on your mouse to have it break when you can use autohotkey and always have your stuff available?

Is there a way to detect if autohotkey is being used with the game client when logged in?

Inorganic keystrokes? :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

what the heck does that even mean?

Quickly using 4 keybinds in a row is somehow inorganic?

Unless there is a way to determine if someone is logged on and using autohotkey without all the hocus pocus assumptions, I’m afraid to say it is here to stay.

It’s one of those evolutionary moments where you adapt or fall behind.

Wonder if you could do this for spell steal on mage ?

This thread opened a can of worms now everyone is going to start doing it, while players like me are stuck playing fair.

1 Like

IIRC it’s a part of the win32 api itself for whether input was injected or not.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve been asking for a kernel anti-cheat to be added to WoW to enforce this.

1 Like

Imagine spell steal tho LOL???

I mean if they can identify anonymous accounts based on keybinds then I imagine they can figure out if somebody pressing lava burst every 0.1 seconds for 5 hours straight is automating things in some capacity.

Start by removing all combat add ons and then do some tech stuff and remake your game without cheats and exploits or it will continue to be a million dollar industry. Ban waves do nothing for these players its a lifestyle

3 Likes

No, sir or ma’am.

I want you to help me condense a macro into the stock UI where it dots targets that aren’t selected who don’t have that certain dot on them. Thank you for your time and god bless.

wait wouldn’t this be the rebirth of totem stomp macros too? like just insert do autoattack?

lmao you set the keystrokes to happen every 0.125 seconds for x seconds

they know when you’re using it

1 Like

Literally why. Anyone who would want to cheat would just use a virtual machine and that would leave the rest of us worse off.

I’m watching one of the people in question stream ATM, and I really need a second opinion. There is some really questionable stuff going on like I stated earlier, dotting targets that aren’t selected and not even have a focus up the entire round or any round for that matter.

1 Like

Mouseover or cast @arena123

Redundant if you have important stuff on arena 123, like, say, wind shear

1 Like

Userland applications can insert VM traps that can reveal that they’re running inside such. It’s pretty easy to poke at some MSRs and have the VM reveal itself.

Since cloud gaming is now against ToS IIRC, this is enforceable.

1 Like

He uses his mouse to select targets, he doesn’t use tab or in my case V to select target enemies. And this guy has 3 macros, none of which are arena123. Please stop commenting without watching. You are so annoying sometimes its insane.

Again he only uses his mouse to select targets, thats it. He doesn’t use mouseover macros. He clicks with his mouse to select and target and change targets.

Back in the day when AV was a thing autokey was huge because it allowed people to go afk and honor grind.

It was a perma ban back then because it was considered botting and I promise you it will get you a ban now.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they stopped perma banning

I’m not familiar with those programs, but if they’re always repeating certain keystrokes at exact intervals, that should probably get flagged for review.