Automation + Auto Kick + Auto Grounding + AI vs Rated PvP

Yup and addons.

Imagine of they investigated and found this completely acceptable
:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

Addon maker and macro user use that to justify their creation. if it’s allowed in the API It’s all good man.

1 Like

Tbh clear target is listed as a protected function on the wiki, so by all accounts this isn’t supposed to work

3 Likes

But that means I have to click for my ground targeted spells :frowning:

can I keep @cursor? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope the entire macro system should be disabled in pvp.

please ban the people utilizing it

they know they’re cheating

20 Likes

Actual macro arms race. :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

Should I bother trying to fakecast now

1 Like

There was a similar situation with an addon called NPScan until Dragonflight release.

People weren’t supposed to be able to detect entities not visible and quite out of range, but an addon abused being able to check for the presence of an error response from the API as whether there was an entity, rather than being able to directly query.

People used this to easy camp TLPD, etc.

If you look at the original source, it’s been deleted.

Was this banwave ever confirmed as real?

There was a lot of crying the same day on 3rd party forums if you care to google.

That reddit post was deleted probably due to harassment I’d be guessing.

IIRC the post was a collage of said crying from people on various discords.

Crazy how I play the game normally with 0 addons and 0 kick macros and some guy comes in to the arena with a weakaura cockpit and kick bot macros.

2 Likes

Sometimes I wonder what your favourite colour of crayon is to snack on yet here we are

Like mine is blue. Reminds me of grade school

1 Like

Crazy you keep bringing this up when nobody asked, which only calls your integrity into question

3 Likes

Why would you wonder about something like that? Odd.

Fully convinced you have a space ship ui.

3 Likes

The botting banwave was really big a few weeks ago. I do not think it’s unreasonable at all to assume that more people than we think have been using/abusing these scripts. Frankly, some of the people who posted in the aspect of the turtle conversation kind of pride themselves on being able to exploit things that pretty clearly shouldn’t work as some kind of advanced knowledge advantage. Blizzard acknowledged in the rogue thread that those things are also unintentional.

Wtf are u taking about and what does it have to do with what I’ve said?

Of all the exploits that have come to pass, this one is surely the least exciting. It’s sad the lengths people will go to to get an upper edge on someone and even sadder that they are able to derive any amount of enjoyment out of it.

Double tapping someone with demon bolt? Hell yeah

Macros that might as well be a kickbot? :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

1 Like