Automated Likers

Hi, this will seem like a strange question, but is there anyway to stop accounts from automatically liking my posts? Someone has about 7 or 8 accounts that hit the like option on almost anything I post, almost immediately. It has to be automated.

Its slightly disconcerting, and isn’t really beneficial to the conversations.

3 Likes

not really…

2 Likes

So forum botting is acceptable?

2 Likes

Ooof, that’s creepy. Sorry, wish I had a suggestion for you.

1 Like

That’s not what Thundertotem said.

5 Likes

Did I say that?

3 Likes

Given I can easily get the names, is there somewhere to report the accounts then?

1 Like

Not really.

This is a first, someone complaining about their posts being “liked” too much.

10 Likes

What exactly would you report them for? How have they violated the TOS?

3 Likes

Being creepy? Activities counter to facilitating worthwhile conversation? Forum botting?

2 Likes

I’m having a suspicion that we are being trolled…

8 Likes

so i’m not an expert on forum rules, but i don’t think having a bot like posts would actually be against them? also i liked all of your posts.

5 Likes

If you are getting upset that your posts are being liked, perhaps it would be prudent to step away from the forums for a bit.

8 Likes

Normally, you’d report forum abuse by clicking the little flag on their posts.

I’m at a loss suggesting a way to report this issue however. Perhaps a suggestion can be made to block individuals who you feel are detrimental to your forum experience - I know an ignore feature is being worked on, perhaps a “like block” can be tacked on.

I’d assume that an Ignore would prevent them from hitting like on your posts etc. but I guess until then, I just have to deal with the creepy vibe factor.

I just figured automation on the forums would be frowned on and a way to report it possible.

1 Like

And your proof of this is?

2 Likes

Nothing there is a direct violation of the TOS.
Being creepy is not a violatin until it crosses over into language and/or harassment.

Liking your posts is hardly harassment and has little to not impact upon a worthwhile conversation.

Flagging a thread to be notified of updates is a blizzard tool. Using it is hardly a botting violation.
Schools out. There are kids online 16 hours a day who can get updates.

3 Likes

Have a look back through my comments on this thread. The same 8 :heart: on every one of them. And its happening on multiple threads almost as soon as I post.

1 Like

That’s not proof of automation. You know how easy it is to like a post? one click, done. Did it cross your mind that maybe those people actually like what you post? There are posters I will always like when they post.

Maybe you need to take a break from the forums for a bit, to clear your head.

11 Likes

Even the ones where I said they’re creepy because they’re all instantly liking my posts?

1 Like