Authenticator lost, support says "not accepting tickets for this at the time"

A good friend of mine has been trying to recover his account for a week: he, genius that he is, has always kept his authenticator on his keychain, but lost it. He didn’t have the app on his phone. Upon trying to remove the authenticator, support simply told him that they “weren’t accepting tickets for this at the time.”

It’s been a week. He can’t even post here about it himself because he can’t log in. There’s no live chat or phone number that he can contact, apparently, and every solution we can find leads back to “not accepting tickets at this time.”

Thanks.

Edit: Apparently “not accepting tickets” only popped up a few days ago. Prior to that, he simply never received a response to any of his tickets.

Does he have sms enabled at least that will help removing authenticator without blizzard assistance anyways.

He doesn’t, unfortunately. Thanks a lot for the reply, though.

Sorry I wish i could be more help on the brite side its probably better this way once he gets his account up get the app asap they key fob gona die sooner or later.

I thought Blizzard deactivated all of the old authenticators and forced everybody to change their passwords?

Mobile authenticator and moved it to the bnet app the key fob is reaching its end of life shelf life and u cant replace the battery.

2 Likes

I did too, but apparently not.

As Darthwraith mentioned, the previous version of the stand-alone Authenticator app was the only thing disabled. The key fob Authenticators were unaffected by the integration of the stand-alone Authenticator into the Battle Net app.

8 Likes

My physical authenticator is still chugging along. My wife’s started to die though!

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

edit, and nm, i see you have another thread open already

I’m genuinely curious: does Blizzard actually provide any kind of account support anymore? Because this is ridiculous: no phone number to call, emails aren’t being returned, live chat literally says “we are not taking tickets at this time.” Is this what Blizzard is now?

Support, yes. It is via ticket though.

There is no dial in number to call and has not been for over a decade. They have NEVER taken tickets via email. Never. Tickets go in via the website. When they email you a reply, it comes from a Do-not-reply email. They mean that. Open a ticket, cite the previous ticket number, then provide the info they ask for.

Live chat is also closed most of the time when ticket queues are long.

Your friend NEEDS to put in a ticket. They seem to be expecting, or trying to use, services Blizzard does not offer.

7 Likes

What email are u using.

Of course there account support. I have been helped many times over the years by the GMs. However a player needs to submit a ticket, it greatly helps if that ticket is under the correct category and explain what the problem is to the best of your ability.

If there are any problems with the response you receive then you reopen that ticket and give further explanation.

Most of the time, the messages they send to you are basically a form letter that directs you on correcting the issue. Which I suspect handles most people’s questions.

And if that message you receive doesn’t actually help you and you reopen the ticket they normally get a little more personalized in the response.

1 Like

He’s submitted eight tickets over the last two weeks. All have been dropped with no notification. With respect: Blizzard doesn’t seem to offer very many services at all these days. (Although their billing department is apparently well staffed.)

Interesting, as tickets can’t be cancelled or dropped without response.

6 Likes

I wonder if Blizzard has sent an email response, given it’s an authenticator removal issue. Have they checked?

3 Likes

I’ll ask, but what I’ve been told is that he’s received absolutely no contact whatsoever regardless of what venue they’ve pursued.

Do you have any of those ticket numbers?

Your friend can also create a new Battle.net account for free, if it’s not allowing him to log into the forums. It takes no time at all to get a character to level 10 to be able to post on the forums, and they do not need to buy the game or game time. Just the free-to-play version is all they need.

The bad thing is that the SFAs cannot really give you much information as an intermediary. Even in the case of spouses, they’ll only confirm that they can see a ticket was submitted correctly or not. But if your friend pops in and can provide ticket numbers or identify themself as the owner of the account in question, then the SFAs have more room to work with them in straightening out this muck.

5 Likes