Authenticator battery died

Posting for a friend who cannot log in.

Account was connected to the physical Authenticator and the battery finally died. Now cannot log in, and cannot remove the Authenticator without logging in.

Attempting to contact support on the website but have submitted multiple tickets and waited over a week with no response. Not even an automated “we’ll get back to you “ response. It is simply a black hole.

What do I do?

Well they warned long ago about the dangers of continuing to use a physical authenticator and gave more than enough of a heads up that if the battery fails, you’re going to be in for some troubles.

You’re just going to have to keep waiting on support to help out. They will eventually get back to you and maybe rectify your situation.

Do you have a support ticket number? And spamming multiple reports isn’t going to get you help faster.

3 Likes

Victim blaming isn’t helpful, I’m just looking for how to solve the problem

Are you sure that they actually respond to website tickets though? The website says 24 hours, it’s been over a week. Haven’t gotten any ticket number, no automated response, nothing.

They might be responding in the game but we wouldn’t be able to see that

3 Likes

Can’t get into the game to submit a ticket there, that’s the whole problem

(this account can, the problem is on my friend’s account)

Is there a way to call them? There are no phone numbers on live chat options shown anywhere

You aren’t a victim if you had years worth of warning in advance. That would make you the victim of your own doing. As far as switching over to a mobile authenticator and needing a cellphone, you can always pick up a cheap <50USD android phone with no service and run it on there with wifi. Probably even able to find some dirt cheap used one for 20. You don’t need actual phone service unless your trying to do the whole phone number verified thing.

Tell them to check their email.

Everything you need is in here:

3 Likes

This paragraph in particular:

Don’t have access to the previous device?

If you no longer have access to your old device, you will need to click “Can’t Log In” on the login screen. If you have SMS setup you can verify your identity through SMS verification to remove the old authenticator from your account allowing you to set up the authenticator in the Battle.net mobile app. If you are unable to verify your account through SMS you will need to contact customer support for assistance with removing your old authenticator.

Note: The SMS verification code is sent to the phone number linked to your Battle.net account. If you changed your phone number you will need to update your Battle.net Account phone number before you can restore your Authenticator.

4 Likes

Checked email, there is zero response there.

Just checked again, still nothing

Correct and there’s a link to when you click the “contact customer support for assistance with removing your old authenticator” part:

https://battle.net/support/help/product/services/316/977/solution

Outside of that, you’re probably not going to “speak to your manager” your way into escalating your ticket and expediting a response from them. Tons of people in line and probably an extra ton due to Diablo 4 coming out.

2 Likes

Does your friend also have access to the email account their bnet is under? Chances are the tickets were replied to, but probably needing further information. If you have ticket numbers you could check in the CS channel, but don’t expect much information being a third party to this.

4 Likes

We’re in the same household so I can see their email standing over their shoulder.

Even submitting multiple reports on the links listed above, there are not any emails from Blizzard. It’s been over a week since the first attempt, and also tried multiple more times in case we weren’t doing it correctly.

Is there any way to call them directly? I don’t think the website works, surely after a week there would at least be an automated message or something

No call in. Live chat can be hit or miss. Since your friend could not login to file the report an answer would have been sent to the account’s email, which is why you should check in CS, not tech. If you have the ticket numbers it might help the CS mods to provide a little information on the status.

4 Likes

Aw crap I didn’t know that Customer Support and Technical Support were different forums. CS definitely makes more sense

Can I move the thread or just need to make a new one over there?

I think you can edit it. Just a word of advise, neither forum is manned by reps around the clock, so an answer from a blue is not guaranteed.

I think I figured out how to move the thread over to Customer Support

Now a reference to who your friend is would help. Do not post personal information such as name or email address. A ticket number or even a bnet nickname would help.

Typically in a case like this we’ll either need a player to be able to answer enough questions up front - or put in a ticket and a GM will request answers to some questions about the account.

There is no way at the moment an authenticator removal would take over a week to get a response. Either they didn’t actually submit a ticket - or aren’t seeing it in their mail (make sure to check junk and spam)

Now, what some folks do is reply to that email. That email comes from a DO NOT REPLY address. The answers need to come back in through a ticket.

When you submit a ticket, the submission screen should have a ticket number displayed.

5 Likes

We don’t have a ticket number since she cannot log in to see the ticket, and have no email responses

I’m not sure what else to post that is not PII, her Battle.net name is her email, wouldn’t normally post that on forums

If it’s been that long - put in another ticket.

Blizzard Support - Contact Support (battle.net)

No need to be logged in. When submitted, the final screen will show a ticket number.

3 Likes

Has no bnet ID? Like mine is Kozzae#, Bnet ID’s (tags) have been standard for a while now.

You would receive a ticket ID as confirmation a ticket was issued, but you would not be able to track it with out being able to login.

3 Likes

Ok yeah we just put in another ticket and it does in fact show a number - we missed it on the earlier tickets and there’s no way to go view them

New ticket number is US92221294 (brand new, this one has only been waiting like 5 minutes)

1 Like