Authenticater Removal?

It’s not misinformation at all, it happened YEARS ago. Stop being so closed minded and blind to the truth. Several accounts as a result were compromised.

I think you are not remembering correctly, or you are reading misinformation about the “authenticator compromise”.

There are two incidents that I remember.

1: Around 2012. Blizzard had a compromise of it’s data base, during which encrypted data was taken, including some players mobile authenticator serial numbers, and passwords. Both of which were as mentioned, in an encrypted.

It was shortly after Blizzard posted this compromise that Blizzard issued password resets, reset everyones secret question/answers, and updated everyone who had the mobile authenticator with new serial numbers.

No one to my knowledge was ever compromised by this.

2: 2010. There was a man in the middle virus attack. This did lead to some accounts being compromised, but was really hard to pull off and was not a compromise in the actual authenticator code.

What that did was allow an attacker to misdirect the account login attempt from Blizzard’s server to their computer. This gave the attacker a small window to attempt to log into the victims account using the information, as the code the authenticator gives expires rather quickly.

neither of these incidents included an actual compromise of the authenicator code.

11 Likes

Then it’s on you to prove it. “Google it” is not acceptable.

3 Likes

So you couldn’t find it on Google either huh?!? 'Cause I looked but didn’t find anything about the authenticators being hacked.

Thankfully, Kozzae has covered the two topics I would have as well to help clear up what you must be mis-remembering or confused about.

5 Likes