Authenicator Code Request

The issue is clearly with the authenticator itself, as I can’t even log into the website correctly with it turned on (It instantly fails back to the login as soon as I hit approve on the app).

The answers to fix this aren’t acceptable. “Remove 2FA”? Are you restoring everything if my account is hacked in the time it takes you to fix this?

And I don’t trust your service enough right now to login with the launcher. What if I log out of the launcher and can’t get logged back into that? What a joke.

1 Like

My authenticator works fine for the Battle.Net Launcher and the WebSite. It just fails when I try and use it on the wow.exe directly.

1 Like

Also having this problem. Might want to get with your boy GM-Orlyia, they seem a little out of touch. Unable to login to WoW when I manually open wow.exe - #2 by Orlyia

2 Likes

Tha k you for working on it. Identical situation here.

The push notification approve/deny login works just fine with the app on my phone, it’s the manual number generator that doesn’t. Probably some desync bug on their end or something broken with their generator algorithm.

Lmao, not it’s not… Almost every other major online game that has a launcher REQUIRES you to launch the client from the launcher. Steam almost always requires you to launch a game through steam or to have steam open when you try. Bnet is one of the few exceptions, but that’s only for Blizzard games like WoW/OW/D3/etc, but that’s because they are tied into the ecosystem.

But anyways, I’m glad I found this thread because this was driving me nuts. A lot of the time, I just launch WoW from the *.exe. Thought something was wrong with my phone app, detached it from my account, reinstalled it to my account and was still getting the error. At least I can just log in with the launcher.

1 Like

Unironically you can go into the launcher settings and allow multiple launchers to run.

Then you can sign into you other accounts on those other launcher. And it can eat even more of your system resources.

Just disable hardware acceleration so it’s not placing any VRAM load on your GPU. Also, it uses like 150MB of ram and averages around 0.01 to 0.1% CPU usage after hours of running in the background if you aren’t clicking into it, you can test this for yourself. At worst, having a dozen clients open, might hurt your average FPS by like 1%. If 150MB of ram per client is hurting you, get another stick of ram with the money you’re spending on multiple accounts.

1 Like

Well what may work for you doesn’t work for others. I have literally been logging in directly from the wow.exe for what 17+ years now? And yesterday was the day they decided you can’t do that anymore?

4 Likes

Can we please have an update on when this is going to be fixed? For me it has been more than a day now that I have been unable to play (exe directly or via launcher). This is bad.

1 Like

Well the solution is super simple: Open up Bnet and click play.

If you can’t log in via the launcher, then something is wrong with your actual account and you need to check the website to make sure something is messed up with your authenticator. You may need to remove your current one and replace it with a new serial number.

And my other 4 accounts?

2 Likes

Click on the blue bnet icon in the top left corner–>settings–>under the app pane toward the bottom–>advanced features–>allow multiple instances of battlenet

This will let you log into all your different accounts.

1 Like

No thanks.

2 Likes

Well then keep crying about it until they fix it. The solution is there, you’re choosing not to accept it.

No. There isn’t anything wrong with my account. Logging in does not work either way, and I am not the only person.

3 Likes

In your web browser, go to https://account.battle.net/security and click the “log out from all devices” button to log yourself out of all locations, then try logging back in to the site on your browser.

This did not fix the issue.

2 Likes

I can’t even log into an instance of the app that I previously logged out of. To log in again, I have to restart the client from the Battle.net app.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that you completely logged out of the battlenet site on your web browser, along with the option in security to log out of all devices, and then fully relogged back into battlenet within your browser, using your authenticator, opened up your battlenet launcher app, freshly relogged into the app, clicked play from within the launcher and you’re still having issues logging into WoW? I’ll take an educated guess and say that it sounds like you’re using a VPN or some kind of MAC address randomizer with WoW then. Disable it and redo the whole process I outlined.

When you authenticate and have the options set to not make you authenticate every time, Blizzard stores some combination of HWID/IP/MAC type information that acts as a thumbprint for your PC, as far as I know.

Oh and this is all obviously in regards to your account that you’re having issues logging into. When I asked about the browsers login stuff, it’s in regards to the account you can’t log into, which I’m assuming is an extra account, since you’re logged in talking here now and if you had logged out of this Hanuman account and your authenticator wasn’t working at all for anything, then you wouldn’t have been able to log back in to post this reply.

I came here for this exact same reason. I can log in fine with the Battle-Net app, but when I try to login from the same computer with wow.exe, I am prompted for a manual authenticator code and then get the You have been disconnected error. I was prompted for a push code when logging in to post this, so I know my authenticator is attached and working properly, so it sounds like the issue is with the manual codes.

Like others have stated, I run two accounts with multiple system configurations and the only way to do this is to bypass the launcher and use wow.exe. If the launcher supported this, I would use it.

3 Likes