Authenicator Code Request

Just had same issue - the way to resolve (as the GM has stated) is to close WoW, and in battle.net click the “Go Online” button middle-top right under your ID.
IT WILL ask for your authenticator code, and FAIL first time - but when it returns to the Username/password pop-up (may see an error saying incorrect details) - just repeated the process - login with password, and enter the new authenticator code .
On the second go it worked for me, and once logged into Battle.net you can just launch Wow directly there and it’ll take you straight to your realm screen

1 Like

I’m having this same problem but I always launch through Battle.net. I can clear the problem, though, by exiting the client and relaunching.

This has been happening to me all day as well. Very frustrating.

I’m still unable to login, neither the exe directly nor the launcher allow me to log in. In each case it asks for an authenticator code and then disconnects immediately after putting the code and hitting “okay.”

Also, when I use the launcher, it doesn’t load any content, just “Something went wrong. We’re having difficulty retrieving content from the servers…”

Same here … please fix.

Starting WoW w/o launcher requires a-code which is followed by “You have been disconnected. (WOW519003140”

I disabled the authenticator for now …

1 Like

Same issue here.

I ended up disabling my Authenticator to see, and then put it back on and had the same result (couldn’t log in). Then I launched from the Battle.net application while online and it launched up without asking for an Authenticator. BUT HERE’S THE NEW LAYER - my account has an Authenticator attached to it (I put it back on) but now my characters no longer have their bonus inventory space from attaching an Authenticator to your account!!

I just lost bag space for no reason

1 Like

I just tried to log on and I’m having the same authenticator issues. Has a solution been reached?

same issue keeps stating after applying auth. code disconnected

Bad move imo.

Just a heads up, but this is still going on and is a major issue for some of us that need to bypass the Battle.net app. And it is not limited to Windows either - it’s happening on the macOS side as well, so this definitely appears to be an issue on the backend. Entering a manual code does not work. It just disconnects you (and promptly opens up a browser window behind the game app whether or not you want it to).

This is kind of crippling for some of us with accessibility needs.

This is because you removed the authenticator and reattached it and Battle.net hasn’t refreshed/re-synchronized your account. You can force such a refresh by resetting your account password. That is the best way to force an update on the back end.

3 Likes

I can’t log in either. I type in the code and it takes me back to the log in screen

1 Like

So I eventually just launched from the launcher last night
I left the windows up, assuming this would stop me from having to do it again. Incorrect
upon trying to log in again (too long for “reconnect”) I had the same issue.
so had to close the windows and relaunch from the launcher. This is super annoying.

still no solution? God

Another option that worked for me - try to force close the battle-net app and then reopen it.
Make sure you’re signed in from the main account you want to access it.

I have 2 accounts, one lets me log in with the autneticator, the other just gives me a could not connect

the only work around I found is to log in with the working account, then log out and instantly log into the disconnect account and it will let you log in

Hey, happens with using the Battle.net application launcher here so the problem is for both sides.

Same. Since this morning for me.

thought i would see how the game is doing, couldn’t log in like everyone else from the exe, oh well back to skyrim I guess

Just tried and still an issue, do we have any eta on fix?

Would be a shame and bad idea from blizzard to push people to turn off authenticator to be able to play.

Or to force people to use the launcher. That’s not a solution, that’s a punishment (and not to mention, it’s broken as well, go checkout the forums there).

4 Likes