August for 9.1 eh?

Devs are doing a great job.

No, it was Toweliee actually. Who is accused of being a Blizzard shill more than anything. He said his friends who work there are scared that it won’t be ready. That a June release is very optimistic, and July/August are more realistic.

4 Likes

:thinking:
9.1 is giving a raid (antorus) and a dungeon (triumvirate but karazhan styled with the amount of bosses from 7.1) and a zone like argus… “covenant strikes” = legion invasions on argus.

It’s not legion, it’s far from being legion and will never be legion.

:thinking:

It’s alright everyone new world beta test in July to get you warmed up for an August release

Buy it check the beta out then refund if you hate it and play 9.1

Sadly nothing new mmo wise unless you’re into FF14 until the

Rip

I think We got used to the rhythm of content that legion was releasing. Legion had loads of content, even if the first major patch was a mini raid. It was a fun raid too, but I don’t remember them waiting too long to release the night hold raid either? When we thought they were done after tomb, they released Argus. Looking back, legion had the best pace of content imo… but still wasn’t the best expac. I don’t think anything will ever dethrone Wrath.

SINCE 9.0 WoW hasn’t released any content. That’s what we are talking about.

Well they just went through more layoffs, so…tell me more about their Covid issues.

Nighthold and Emerald Nightmare were the first raid tier, it was simply staggered into 2 raids that were slightly separated. Just like Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry.

The current situation is more like Cataclysm, where there was a full raid tier on launch but Firelands didn’t release until almost 7 months later.

Shadowlands also shipped with more launch patch content than any expansion except maybe Legion. There’s plenty of things to do in the game for months to come, still.

Uh…no there isn’t. Hence the problem. There are 8 dungeons, one raid, one arena, an empty zone called Maw, and Boreghast. Where is all this months and months worth of content you speak of?

6 Likes

EN was available at launch, halls of valor came by November the same year, just a few short months after legion release. Night hold was released by the following February. In the same time frame that legion released up to three major additions to the expac, Grindlands is barely getting to any major patches.

2 Likes

Well, first of all, a good raid will keep most progression guilds occupied for a good six months or more. If you’re only doing them on easy mode, then that’s a decision you’ve made to fence yourself off from doing that content.

Second M+ will keep M+ enthusiasts occupied pretty much indefinitely. If you don’t engage in that content, then, again, that’s you fencing yourself off from that.

I do the Maw every day. If it’s too hard for you, well, maybe you should work on that instead of pretending it’s not there.

Torghast definitely has a limit on doing it. The most fun part to me was in Twisting Corridors where you can actually build up a working powers set. But as it is, once you have the TC rewards and the Legendaries you want, it’s spent.

There are a ton of hidden rares to hunt and special treasures to track down. Plus special events like the Ascended Council, Steward of the Day, your covenant’s side game feature, and so on. Are you doing all those things? Probably not.

I could go on. But the main thing is, Shadowlands has tons of content. You would just rather pretend it doesn’t exist because complaining on the forums is easier, I suppose.

1 Like

Okay, which doesn’t negate the fact that EN & Nighthold were considered a single tier: Tier 19. That’s why EN didn’t have a set of tier armor.

Maybe it’s time WoW did die. This is like that long running tv series that runs out of stories to tell and should have been brought to a conclusion two years earlier.

Let ActiveLizzard take what they’ve learned, build a more modern engine, and start fresh.

5 Likes

Armor models has nothing to do with blizz still being able to release new content on a consistent and predictable schedule. Legion was far better for solo play. Grind lands has lots of “content” but be prepared to spend time with the grind instead of fun meaningful content.

The Maw too hard? Lol dude it is empty. Interesting I criticize SL and you attempt to insult me.

If you call replaying the same dungeons over and over and over until your eyes bleed fun then ok. But it is not content. Content would be something you haven’t done already a thousand times.

2 Likes

What grind? They removed the grinds like artifact power & azerite power from Shadowlands, that’s one of the best things about the expansion: You don’t HAVE to log in every day for hours of chores, anymore. You can do what you want, instead.

Anima is the worst grind this game has had to date. You either do not care at all about it, or you do care and can’t unlock anything for weeks. Lol.

7 Likes

I just don’t understand why you ever subscribed to WoW in the first place since you don’t seem interested in raids, dungeons, pvp, questing, exporation, pet/mount/toy collecting, or hunting rare mobs & treasures.

That’s the game. If you don’t want to do any of those things, don’t play. Why WOULD you play, if you don’t want to do any of those things? :thinking:

I do like pvp. I do like dungeons. I like raids. I dont like running the same dungeons 100s of times and thinking it’s content. I also don’t like shills who come into threads and start insulting people for being critical of something they spent money on.

6 Likes