August for 9.1 eh?

4 or more months, eh? I wish you could pause a subscription. If there is nothing more than what we have now, that’s a lonnnnngggg summer. I think even lfr could clear mythic by then.

48 Likes

If 9.1 is in August this may be even worse than WoD. WoD was light on content but even WoD had better gameplay than SL. Honestly I think it is time to admit the arrogant and out of touch dev team needs an overhaul.

156 Likes

I think they are intentionally trying to kill WoW for the next big ActiBlizz game IMO.

65 Likes

You are not alone.

23 Likes

if it come in august they’ll have to release the pre-patch of tbc classic on may 18th, as the string found suggested, to keep the players busy until 9.1.

3 Likes

They could have shelled out a few bucks to upgrade the dev team instead of pissing away 200 million to the ceo

99 Likes

Yes it couldn’t possibly be that a worldwide pandemic screwed up their dev pipeline and caused delays.

9 Likes

I’m going to wait for 9.11 for Workgroups myself…hic!

6 Likes

I’m expecting the 9.1 PTR next month, if not that doesn’t bode well for the future of this xpac.

4 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone and certainly won’t try but my enjoyment of SL and it’s content is beginning to wear thin. I am in a small guild where we usually have around 10 active members, so far half of them including me are starting to feel the burn out.

Personally the only thing I’m excited for in 9.1 is the Kyrian transmog that’s it. I’m beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find enjoyable things to do in game. I’m currently leveling a destro lock through BGs and it’s quite enjoyable, but I don’t look forward to getting demolished in randoms from RBG heroes once
I hit 60.

I’d like to have more world content like the 8.1 assaults that encourage players to get out of Oribos and not playing World of InstanceCraft.

17 Likes

I get where you’re coming from… the only things I’ve got to work toward atm are RBG ratings and keystone master.

I’ve already smashed twisting corridors, the ve’nari mount quest, ahead of the curve… I wish Anima was easier to farm, the cosmetic stuff from the sanctum feels so unobtainable.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Wait, is it really in August? Is there an announcement I missed?

4 Likes

It’s gonna be a long summer, boys.

3 Likes

I doubt they’re going to release 9.1 in August, unless I missed some sort of announcement. I’m sure it’ll be in late May/Early June, although that’s still super late for a first patch.

5 Likes

Right bc no game has really been able to catch up yet right? So weird a company willing to give its #1 employee $200 million in bonuses isn’t able to allocate resources to deal with a pandemic. So right!

32 Likes

Where did you get August info for 9.1?
9.1 is expected early June per existing timeline of 9.0.5

1 Like

Nobody actually knows when 9.1 is coming out. People are just saying August because… I don’t know pessimism?

People do realize this was announced in February, and it’s already been a month. Patches on PTR typically last 2 months.

We’re likely going to get PTR in April. If that’s the case the latest is probably June or if we really want to start whining, July.

1 Like

It’s rumor from a popular WoW player / youtuber.

There’s no real stock in it, but allegedly Blizzard devs have stated that they’re scared the patch won’t be out until June/July “optimistically”.

1 Like

Was it gloom and doom clickbait Bellular?

7 Likes