Auction House forces you to buy undercut items?

Blizzard actually removed some corruption that was happening by making this change.

1 Like

Good news. I don’t know why people do it, but there’s no reason to, as the AH now works on a last in first out system.

1 Like

we made several million gold each off that one guy so, no, we didn’t really care at that point. he’d jacked up the price of red gems so high that most people simply quit using the AH and stuck to trade chat

Someone is a troll for knowing how to control a market? Good to know

1 Like

Whatever item I’m looking for I’m going to look for the cheapest price. Idc if your name is bankyalty or whatever, or if you’re undercutting. Not that big of a deal.

1 Like

I’m with OP here. I would usually try to buy from someone who was just undercut by 1 copper back then. I simply don’t want to give my money to a jerk who’s just there to be a POS, especially when I usually see them listing auctions for ridiculous amounts of prices. Let’s say they put up some battle pet for 650,000 gold. I put mine up for a more reasonable price of 350 gold, and then they drop theirs to 349. It’s so ridiculous.

They’re very rude to people who are actually trying to put an honest and reasonable price.

1 Like

Yes - it prevents new, naive, players from accidentally buying something more expensive than necessary.

The AH used to practice free market capitalism, until the Goblin Gnome Central Bank was created – now we are all just pawns in its systems.

1 Like

This system does not allow you to choose to buy from specific players who may be friends or guild members. It also makes buying a friends goods to pass money along to their cross faction alts rather tricky. While this system is convenient it does force your hand quite a bit. It would be nice to have a toggle to the old system for specific people, However I am not sure if this new system can accomidate that any longer.

Shame on that gas station for having their gas one penny less than the one across the road.

But I can choose whether or not to cross the road for a penny in your example.

4 Likes

Depends. Would you buy from BP if it was one cent cheaper than Shell across the street, even after their oil spill fiasco?

Yes. I like BP gas.

All just a matter of preference. Some people just don’t want to give their money to jerks.

3 Likes

Ah, Completely understood there. I misread your intent.

Hmmm. I guess I edited my OP instead of responding
 sooo, fill in text here

1 Like

Look up Shell gulf oil spills

Yeah, why did it make me buy gems for 50g when there was one up for 500,000g? That is the one I really wanted!

It was just an example, I wasn’t trying to say Shell was better in any way.

I guess I will still take your gold even if you called me a “jerk”.

:cry: