Auction House forces you to buy undercut items?

It isn’t being “a jerk.”

Most add ons, like Auctioneer add on, will list items at a minimal undercut. If you feel like it, you can turn that off but I never bother.

I’m using the beta of it right now, after this patch. Working pretty well, so far.

OMFG, plz don’t start

You guys are still whining about this? The AH is better. Full stop. Period. End of story. It’s virtual currency. Stop worrying about whether you are buying from “some jerk” that lists an item at 1 silver lower. Who cares? Buy what you need and return to your normal gameplay.

2 Likes

If they do your suggested change of allowing you buyer agency of higher priced items then it has the unintended consequence of allowing people to buy their own auctions cross faction or other ways of muling gold.

1 Like

Why is this even a complaint. I undercut current average of ores by about half…why? Cause thats how you sell stuff and make gold. Just be glad people are undercutting or would you rather blow 20k gold on a single stack of 200 monelite please by all means say yes. Ill gladly take your gold.

3 Likes

Irl some people like choices, some people dislike or cannot handle lots of choices.

People played the AH the way they thought was best to play the AH. Now with less options, everyone is required to play the AH the same way.

Except they got rid of some ways to cheat/transfer gold against the terms of service.

Which is likely why people are complaining.

3 Likes

Too bad you have too!

Yes, it works, but because of the way the AH works now, it takes a LONG time for TSM to do auctions.

You are the consumer in that transaction, you would logically want the best price for the purchase you are making.

Or is this some “Warcraft Woke” thing I am too capitalist to understand?

1 Like

That’s it? Jeeze, I usually under cut by half w/e is posted. Cause fk them I want money.

Hold on a second, let me see if I get this right…

You are upset you can’t pay more for an item… because someone has it up for cheaper?! That is by far the most first worldly problem I have ever heard, to be so triggered that someone undercut by 1 copper, er sorry silver now, you “refuse” to buy it.

My goodness, and if they removed silver from the AH and only used gold? Would you then be upset because “Someone undercut by 1 gold instead of keeping it a flat 10 or integers of 5!” ?!?!?!

I am sorry but I seriously can not understand the problem here as anything other than complaining for the sake of complaining.

12 Likes

oh god no, it’s just when i see the same person dominating a market long enough, or with prices high enough that i bother looking, and i see those names over and over again, i get picky and choose someone else becuase i don’t like that seller.

i don’t hardly game the AH anymore at all, but back in cata i made my stash selling gems. it was a tough market to break into as well, becuase ONE PERSON had dumped millions of gold into taking over the entire ore and gems market on my server. it was difficult to level JC for newbies becuase even copper was jacked up and inflated, and he had a stockpile to rival de’beers so you couldn’t sell a gem if your life depended on it. he’d instantly undercut any gem posted, and repeat it ad nauseum. i’m sure the guy was using bots to constantly scan and list/relist.

my friends and i figured out though…

if you posted a gem at a low enough price…

him or his bots(which is why i suspect bots) would buy those gems up no matter how many you posted. so i would stand in stormwind with a couple guildies for hours at a time, and we’d just buy ore off people in trade chat and sell gems that way, and eventually had enough of a stockpile we spent an entire day depleting his gold stash and tanking the gem market just to ruin his day.

it was temporary of course, you can’t out-tycoon the actual tycoons, but it took him a few days to get back on top and we had a laugh over it

2 Likes

Holy moley is this what we are complain g about? I barely use the AH and never really put stuff up. When I do you better believe I undercut the lowest bid by a silver because I don’t want to waste time here. I just want it sold. If you don’t like it undercut the other seller by a silver. I’m not seeing any problems here.

1 Like

When I was leveling blacksmithing, I took 100 storm silver and monelite ores, undercut the auction house by over 50%, then watched as someone posted their 2k plus ore of both types at my new price. I bought them.

This new auction house is awesome for people like me. The only downside is you have to commit. Doing it with 1-30 ore just got them bought from me and reposted. Have to commit large quantities or it’ll just be purchased and reposted.

Undercutting = Profit!

Move along, nothing more to see here.

Nothing like sorting through 200 pages of single stack items to find the cheapest auctions because some AH baron decided to use one character’s entire auction limit on posting, say, 1 tidespray linen 10000 times. Thank god that’s gone.

7 Likes

Just so I understand this…you and your friends sold gems at a lower cost than the market price to someone who is likely a billionaire in the game? And you think this is a win? So the billionaire got to buy the gems at a low price?

Did you consider that he would just post at a higher price?

I saw a documentary a few years ago about this poor girl in Africa. A lion came into her hut and killed her parents, her husband, and her children. 9 people total. She was the only survivor.

But your problems seem pretty rough. Thanks for sharing.

I lived through a military coup, a genocide, and now still living in the same country where certain people are brutally murdered for doing certain things with the same gender.

Doesn’t mean that I can’t play a video game and have opinions on it.

2 Likes