Auction house changes, yay or nah?

how do you know unless you were them or in the xmog market? how do you know they arent selling and they arent just reposting new ones as they have a few in the bank? thats how i do it. you are commenting repeatedly on a market you have never experienced for yourself firsthand.

This subject to be fair only interest a few people that are very actives. I think the biggest post that got more likes on this subject was like 30 and it was pro-changes. The other biggest is in this post I think at the start over 50 agains,t changes.

If it’s an item that you can run two dungeons and get 3-5 of it’s not going to sell for large prices no, it’s easy to farm

But just because it’s green doesn’t mean it’s not rare.

The original post also asks a question, instead of making a statement.

Hard to “like” a question. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have to agree it is punishing players for their preferred way of playing. Not good.

1 Like

can tell you this… posting 2000 items a day (without cancelling because items are almost instantly undercut) is a huge pain in the nutz. would anyone say that is too many auctions to have? not sure how you could since i went and collected everything myself. thats like saying someone is not allowed to earn money past a certain amount. How about creating longer post times? how about 72 hours or a week even?

1 Like

There are other posts with over 2k views that asks questions and also offers solutions on how to fix it and triple the likes.

Well, it depends on the green gear piece specifically. But since you noted that a single dungeon run could net you 3-5 of those pieces, let’s take that assumption.

Let’s say for simplicity’s sake that each of these green items is basically alike and all are relatively common.

This means demand is low, and supply is high.

Then two things are likely to be true:

1. The sale rate is low, like .01, mirroring low demand.

2. The amount someone would be willing to pay for item (also known as the “Region Sale Average” or other metrics) is low, mirroring high supply.

In that circumstance, yes, those green items likely will not sell for much—if at all—and in all likelihood the would-be AH seller is LOSING gold overall by reposting these items.

The fact is, the AH seller’s stupidity in posting unprofitable items doesn’t hurt you, though. You can just ignore or otherwise not purchase these items (because why would you purchase them?).

And if the AH seller thinks he can just repost millions of cheap greens that never sell, then EVENTUALLY he will either:

A, run out of money to repost, and thus stop reposting.

B, realize someday that he is spending money from profitable sales on unprofitable and time-consuming reposts, and therefore he will stop posting that item.

Either Option A or Option B leads to the same result: he stops reposting unprofitable items. This is how WoW’s simple economy functions.

It is equality by bringing everyone down in the mud. The new Blizzard way. LOL!

Not having a dislike button probably makes a difference as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if any posts approving of this hotfix would’ve been downvoted to the point it was hidden if this was on the old forums before the dislike button was removed.

You don’t care about the change, but you post anyway. People will still undercut you, just like they undercut everyone else.

This does absolutely nothing to resolve any actual issues with the auction house. All it does is inconvenience the people who use the AH the most.

But you are happy it ruins people gaming experience because it never impacted yours. You should get a job at Blizzard. I am sure you’ll fit right in.

They just report posts they don’t like now.

It’s silly, I’m not going to report something just because I don’t agree with it lol.

Casual Tuesday’s, 50% off auction house purchases… :wink:

This is unacceptable, A lot of people just play the game for gold making… way to ruin the game it was bad enough as is, this needs to be reverted, you are Destroying game play for a lot of people … The People who play the AH are really Not the Minority as you state… All Goblins Lives matter!"

4 Likes

Add buy orders to the auction house please. Almost every other MMO has something like this. It would fix a good chunk of the problems with this game’s AH.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking, Kaivax. I make and post mainly T-Shirts. One thing that would really help is if you change the LIFO posting system to FIFO. Then there would be no need to constantly run cancel scans. Presently, if you don’t run cancel/re-post scans multiple times a day, your crafted items rarely sell because of so much competition on LIFO. BTW - Stormrage has some of the most well-dressed players :slight_smile: - please consider adjusting the new throttling system. It’s no longer enjoyable to craft and sell more than 20-30 items at a time.

nah 23 million TSM downloads, total minority.

2 Likes

There’s only a limited about of reports per toon, so it doesn’t happen as often as the old forums, but yeah I do see that happen sometimes.

I have been playing since 2004. The AH has always been slow, long before there were even AH addons. And Blizzard has never before noted this as a problem, until Blizzard started trying to update the AH, making several questionable changes, and then refusing to update server quality overall to improve everyone’s experiences.

This is a ridiculous “fix” that won’t actually solve any of the “problems” noted, and in fact will hurt far more players than it attempts to help.

A much better solution would be to write new AH code, revamp the entire thing, and implement better servers. There is no reason why this game’s servers are as slow and problematic as they are (overall) compared and contrasted with those of other games. Instead of a “band aid” fix that doesn’t do any good, Blizzard ought to fix the actual lag issues created by outdated servers.

Yeah it is unacceptable and I think this is a bad omen of what is to come if Blizz becomes more hyper focused on token sales.