Auction house changes, yay or nah?

Something that takes like 2 minutes turning into something that takes hours… yes when we could be enjoying the game doing other stuff then posting.

I thought this was a server issue earlier as I was doing my daily auction posting. This is actually an intended change?

If so, I’m seriously out. Making gold is my endgame at this point in an xpac lifecycle.

1 Like

Basically one of the last saving graces of playing right now… Sigh blizz ruined the game with this change for me.

I had 200-300 items that i had to cancel and then post. After 30ish it takes 2-4 seconds for each item to cancel, same for posting. Time to/from mailbox, and bagspace… during tuesday reset day… Including scanning time of addon… in the middle of the day on Zuljin, a high population server.

For me, yes it is realistic.

1 Like

Time to watch more netflix now and play the game less if you want to make gold I guess… sigh

…and we have the final nail in the coffin.

Goodbye world of warcraft. It’s been a great 15 years

5 Likes

Why would i work so hard to get enough gold to buy a mobile auction house when it no longer will function as it did when i set out to buy it. I’m no power user of tsm, but this is painful even for me. Please adjust.

1 Like

Canceling scanning is the problem. Why not put a delivery time on canceling items. That way if someone makes a mistake they can cancel the item but they will get it back in 30 mins. I think this would cut down on cancel scanning.

7 Likes

Are you doing the searches manually or using an addon to do it for you?

(Question not a poke.)

Not even cancel scanning and I can’t even post half of the available glyphs before the limit kicks in. Guess blizziot doesn’t want people buying glyphs anymore? Beyond stupid :frowning:

It’s as if they don’t actually want people to use the AH anymore, let alone play the game and pay their subscriptions.

2 Likes

Tried this morning. Still way too slow. They should be targeting botters, not legitimate addon users.

This is a wonderful idea. Combined with snipe scanning removal (latest build) that should stop the crying overall.

2 Likes

They are moving to more microtransactions. Don’t be fooled. This was a calculated, multiple step process. 1st, add brutosaur to game, then remove it, then throttle the ingame method of obtaining it, forcing players to buy tokens. Easy money. As a recently returned player, I was looking into brutosaur, but probably not now. Thanks Blizzard.

2 Likes

Prices are going to drive up! Not good!

2 Likes

I have to say this is a bad change, or at least a bad way to fix the problem. TO me it would seem this is a grab for money on their part. Several things are going to happen.

1. Token sales will go up.
  2. AH goblins will simply create new or several new accounts and send the stuff to sell over to them, thus mitigating lost time.
  3. Prices are going to go up, way up on some things.

I personally never had an issue with the AH, so I am not seeing where this problem originated from but I can say that I dont like this solution to it. Even as a small time seller, I can already see myself hitting the throttle limit in a matter of seconds for things like tmog, battle pets and the like, which ironically are the things I like to collect and sell.

Oh well guess us middle class players get screwed,

3 Likes

True Blizz needs more token sales. Not surprising.

Nay, this change just further encourages multiboxing, which is the real problem for casual players in the economy. Just have more accounts, before 1 account could post almost as fast as multiple, but now multiple accounts literally post many times faster. This change is going to further strangle casual players out of the competition imo.

1 Like

Truthfully, I feel that Blizzard is intentionally slowly trying to shut the game down. All people play this game for different reasons. Questing, crafting, raids, and yes playing the AH. To many, that is their enjoyment, just like anyone else who gets enjoyment for other reasons. Just one more thing to drive people away from the game.

If cancel scans are the issue why dont they add a 10-15min delay on your canceled auctions return ing

1 Like